The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is an international programme under which member governments offer scholarships and fellowships to citizens of other Commonwealth countries. The CSFP was established at the first Commonwealth education conference in 1959, and over 26,000 individuals have benefited. Awards in the UK are funded by the Department for International Development, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and the Department for Education (DFE), in conjunction with UK universities. The CSC also nominates UK citizens for scholarships to study in other Commonwealth countries under the CSFP.
The CSFP is aimed at students of Commonwealth countries who can make a significant contribution to their home country after the completion of a higher education programme in the UK.
This is a source of funding made available to all Commonwealth countries by the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission.
Level of courses
- One year Taught Master's courses or equivalent degree
- Doctoral degree of up to three/four years' duration.
The CSFP is an annual scheme made available to all the Commonwealth countries by the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission. In India, this is jointly managed by:
- Commonwealth Scholarships Commission
- the British Council
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
the scholarship covers
- economy return international travel
- tuition fee
- adequate maintenance and other allowances.
- Engineering and Technology
- Science (Pure and Applied)
- Humanities and Social Sciences
Applications for 2019 are now open.
Deadline: Candidates are required to apply online at the following portals:
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) portal by 10 January 2019.
Link for online application
- Commonwealth Scholarship Commission’s Electronic Application System (EAS) by 19 December 2018 (by 1600 GMT) .
Link for EAS
- It is compulsory for the applicant to apply on both the portals before the cut-off dates, failing which would make his/her candidature ineligible.
- Sometimes the link does not open after clicking or copying to the address bar. In such cases, you are required to type the link in the address bar to go to the link.
For specific terms and conditions with respect to Master’s and PhD scholarships, please visit the following links: