The UK offers international students an academic experience that is very hard to beat. From our world-recognised universities to our innovative approach to teaching and the leading minds who deliver it, we have what you need to reach your potential.
The UK has been the preferred choice for some of the most important minds in history. One in four world leaders has studied in the UK, so if you’re dreaming of achieving big things, you can be sure you’re in the right place in the UK.
Here are our top three reasons why you should study in the UK:
1. Internationally recognised academic excellence and quality of teaching
Did you know that the UK is home to two of the world’s top three universities, and 26 are in the top 200 best institutions for learning (QS figures. 2023)
38 per cent of Nobel Laureates were educated in the UK (British Council, 2016), and more than one in four world leaders were educated at UK universities (University Business, 2021), making the UK the highest-ranked of any country (GREAT campaign, 2021).
2. Promising employability and career opportunities
UK graduates are among the most employable in the world, with three UK universities ranked in the global top 20 for employability, and 14 ranked in the top 100 (Top Universities employability rankings, 2021). The majority of international students who have studied in the UK report experiencing a significant competitive edge over peers educated in other countries, with over 69 per cent saying they are progressing further, being promoted quicker, and earning more because of the prestigious education they have received (International Graduate Outcomes, Universities UK International, 2019).
3. Enjoy geographical mobility and stay in the UK after graduation
A survey of international graduate outcomes (Universities UK, 2020) found that international graduates (both EU and non-EU) believe their UK degree was worth the financial investment. The UK’s Graduate Route allows international students to apply to stay in the UK and work, or look for work, upon graduation. International students who have successfully completed an undergraduate or master’s degree have the option to apply to stay in the UK for up to two years. PhD graduates can apply to stay for up to three years.
Overall, what are the benefits of studying in the UK?
- Attain lifelong world-class degrees to help you prepare and succeed in your career.
- Enjoy higher standard of education with institutions that consistently rank among the best in the world.
- Secure post-study work opportunities through the new Graduate Route.
- Choose short and flexible courses that are tailormade to support you in completing your studies as quickly as possible.
- Gain access to world-leading research through our universities that continue to be globally recognised for their commitment to research.
- Enjoy an amazing, unforgettable student experience like no other country, and make friends for life.
- Become the best possible you, made possible in the UK.
If you are ready to embark on your Study UK journey, we have many free resources to help you along the way. From budgeting tips, planning your studies, finding scholarships, or even finding an agent, we are here to help you. Head over to the Study UK website for more information.