The Study UK campaign has once again partnered with FutureLearn social learning platform to bring the UK higher education experience to learners worldwide.
From 1 October 2018, learners will be able to access over 320 massive open online courses (MOOCs) from 49 UK universities.
STUDY UK: LEARN ONLINE WITH A UK UNIVERSITY
The campaign covers a wide range of courses from: The Future of Farming to Discovering Dentistry; Smart Cities to Antiquities trafficking and Art crime. Whatever your field of study, it’s likely that the Study UK course list will feature an option that meets your area of interest. This is an excellent opportunity to really understand the breadth and variety of what is on offer in the UK.
Anyone can join and take part, and you can complete as many courses as you want. However should you be in one of the 145 non-OECD countries there is an offer of a free FutureLearn upgrade on these courses for 50,000 learners. We should add that you’ll need to complete at least five steps on one of your courses and you’ll receive a certificate for the work you’ve put in!
What is a digital upgrade?
Upgrading means you can:
- get unlimited access to courses
- take courses at their own pace
- refer to the material at any point
Through the online courses, you will experience what it is like to study at a UK university for free and from your home country. Digital certificates will give you recognition for your hard work.
MOOCs are a great way to meet others who have a similar interest to you and share ideas about the topic of the course.
We hope you to see you on one of the courses in the very near future!
This campaign will run from 1 October 2018 until 16 January 2019. Visit the FutureLearn platform to sign up http://bit.ly/future-learn18
STUDY UK: PREPARE TO STUDY AND LIVE IN THE UK MOOC
What is ‘StudyUK: Prepare to Study and Live in UK’?
Study UK is committed to giving all international students the support they need to prepare for life and study in the UK. Our new MOOC(massive open online course) on academic readiness is entirely free and is specifically designed to give international students a clear understanding of what it’s like studying at a university in the UK, including how courses are structured and assessed, and what to expect when arriving in the UK. This way, when international students will find their feet a lot quicker.
Who will benefit from the MOOC?
- International students enrolling on UK higher education courses in January 2019.
- International students interested in learning more about higher education in the UK.
- Current international students looking to develop their academic skillsand knowledge.
What topics does the MOOC cover?
The MOOC covers a wide range of topics, includingall the essentialinformation international students need to get a taste of the full UK study experience,including:
- The core characteristics of higher education in the UK –from active engagement, critical thinking, and evidence-based argumentation,to independent study and academic integrity.
- The different formats teaching will take –from lectures, seminars and tutorials,to student presentations and group assignments, and the roles and functions of each one.
- An overview of how courses are assessed, such as written and oral exams, and coursework.
- The various support services that are available to students –such as library facilities, English language support, counselling, and financial advice.
- The English language skills required –including reading, listening, note-taking, speaking,and writing.
- Practical guidance on what student life in the UK is really like, from finding accommodation and making friends, to packing and what to do on arrival.
How can students take the course?
Sign up for the course here - http://bit.ly/2sknJzn
Timeline: 7 Jan - 1 Feb