The UK India Education & Research Initiative (UKIERI) Mobility Programme: Study in India provides flexible grants to UK higher education institutions (HEIs) and their Indian partner institutions to design and deliver academically rigorous short-term mobility opportunities in India for undergraduate students from UK HEIs. In excess of £1,000,000 of grant funding is available for this pilot programme. The upper limit for awards is £60,000.
|Call opens||Tuesday 23 July 2019|
|Call closes||11:59pm (BST), Monday 14 October 2019|
|Institutions notified of outcome||Wednesday, 18 December 2019|
|Grant-funded mobility to take place||Between 01 June 2020 and 15 January 2021|
The aims and objectives of the UKIERI Mobility Programme: Study in India scheme are:
- Increase the levels of outward student mobility from the UK, in line with the UK's national strategy on outward student mobility and UUKi's national campaign Go International: Stand Out;
- Enhance the employability of UK graduates, recognizing the positive correlation between international experience, academic performance and graduate employability;
- Support the internationalization of Indian higher education institutions in line with the Government of India's 'Study in India' programme through the diversification of the student body, and through establishing links with the potential to seed deeper institutional partnerships and research collaboration.
UK Higher Education Institutes are invited to set out how they and their Indian partners would use block grants to deliver a dynamic short-term mobility programme for UK students in India.
Proposals should be led and submitted by a UK HEI but developed in partnership with an eligible Indian higher education institution. Eligible Indian institutions for this scheme are the 101 Partner Institutions for the EdCIL Study in India (SII) programme. The 101 institutions are among the most highly ranked in the Government of India’s National Institutional Ranking Framework and have high national accreditation scores or refer to Call guidelines.
UKIERI Mobility Programme: Study in India is open to applications from any UK higher education institution. Eligible Indian partner institutions for this scheme are listed in Call guidelines. Applications are limited to two per UK institution, with no more than one per department or faculty. There is no minimum or maximum number of students that can participate, provided the total funding requested is no more than £60,000 and the bid represents value for money.
• state the number of UK undergraduate students that will benefit from this opportunity;
• state the length of the mobility period(s) to be offered to UK students in India (minimum 2 weeks; maximum 12 weeks);
• specify the eligible partner institution in India that will be hosting UK students on jointly developed short term programmes of academic activities.
• outline the nature and extent of the relationship (new or existing) with the Indian partner institution.
Proposals can request funding to cover the costs of UK HEI staff members accompanying UK students to India. The costs required for up to two members of UK HEI staff and no more than one member of UK HEI staff for every five UK students can be covered by the grant.
Please note that mobility opportunities funded through this programme can only be taken up by students enrolled at the UK university. Priority will be given to proposals that provide opportunities to students from under-represented groups.
For more information refer to the call documents below or write to StudyinIndia@international.ac.uk