- Q: How does the course work?
- Q. How do I sign up for a course
- Q. What are the payment options available?
- Q: How do the course levels work?
- Q. What courses can people at an Advanced level do?
- Q: Are these courses for adults?
- Q: How many students are in a class and how will I communicate with them?
- Q: What is the course fee for each module?
- Q: Can I get a demo session of the course?
- Q: I am looking for a spoken English course. What is the best option for me?
- Q: Will I improve my grammar and vocabulary with these courses?
- Q: How will the course improve my writing skills? Will I get to write essays and get feedback on them?
- Q: Will these courses help me with specific skills like public speaking, personality development etc?
- Q: Do we have live classes, or do we get recordings of classes in these courses?
- Q. What is covered in the various courses or modules of the myEnglish course?
- Q: I am looking for a longer course. What are the options for me?
- Q: How do I enrol in a course?
- Q: What are the course timings?
- Q: Can I change the date of my course after enrolling on it?
- Q: Can I go for a different level from what I scored in the level check?
- Q: How do I choose which module to select from my level?
- Q: My online payment was not successful. What can I do?
- Q: Does the Covid-19 lockdown affect my course?
- Q: How do I log into my course and get access to the learning materials once I have registered?
- Q. What are the learning materials that come with the course?
- Q: Once I buy the course, how do I join the classes and get the materials?
- Q: I have a limited bandwidth internet connection. Can I join the course?
- Q: If I miss a class, will I get a recording of it?
- Q: Will I get a certificate after I complete the course? Will it be a physical or e-certificate?
- Q: Can more than one person access a single course login at a time?
- Q: How can I re-register for a course?
- Q. What are the technical requirements to access the course?
- Q: What kind of experience and qualifications do your teachers have?
- Q: What is your Statement of Approach?
- Q. What is your Special Education Needs policy?
Course structure and content
Q: How does the course work?
A: You study through Live Online Classes and Online Activities. There are 12 hours of live online classes with a teacher and 38 hours of guided online activities over six weeks on this course. You complete a set of online activities each week at your own pace. You attend the live online classes with the teacher as per your weekly course schedule. Usually, classes are held either once a week for two hours or twice a week for one hour each.
myEnglish Workplace focuses helps you improve your English language skills for the workplace and develop the confidence to succeed. You practice your speaking, listening, reading and writing through a variety of topics related to the workplace and looking for a job.
Q. How do I sign up for a course
A. Here are the steps on how to sign up for a course:
- Click on the blue ‘Get Started’ button on the course page
- You will be taken to a page where you will take an Online Level Check. This will help us determine your current English level and the course best suited to your needs. The test will comprise 30 multiple choice questions and you will have up to 30 minutes to complete the test
- Click on the ‘Start the level check’ button to start taking the test
- Once you complete the test, you will be shown the course options available to you along with details on each option. Select the module which best suits you.
- Once you do so, you will be able to see the options for the start date and time for your chosen module. Select the start date and time that suits you best. You will have live online classes every week on the same dates and time chose and you cannot change date and time once chosen.
- After selecting the module and start date and time, proceed to the checkout section to pay for the course. If you do not have a discount code, leave the discount code box blank.
- You can use a variety of payment methods, such as credit/debit cards/RuPay etc. In case you wish to use UPI or Paytm please select PayU as the payment option. Complete the payment and you will receive a confirmation on the screen once payment is successful.
- Upon successful payment, you will receive an email with details on how to login to your course and access the course materials. Do check the spam/junk folders to ensure that you do not miss the email.
Q. What are the payment options available?
You can use a variety of payment methods, such as Visa/Master/Amex/JCB/Discover/Diners Club credit/debit cards, wallets such as PayTM, Phone Pe and BHIM and UPI methods such Google Pay, Phone Pe, BHIM, PayTM, Amazon Pay, etc. In case you wish to use any UPI or wallets please select PayU as the payment option. Complete the payment and you will receive a confirmation on the screen once payment is successful.
Q: How do the course levels work?
A: myEnglish Workplace is available at Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate and Upper-intermediate levels. Each level has two courses or modules. Each course or module has 12 hours of live classes and 38 hours of guided online activities. At each level, you can do the courses or modules in any order. You can complete a full level by completing three courses e.g. you could take both myEnglish Workplace courses at one level plus any myEnglish course at the same level. Upon completing three courses at a level you move up to the next level.
Q. What courses can people at an Advanced level do?
If you contact customer service at: 0120-4569000 / 6684353, Mon-Sat 9.00 am to 6.00 pm, we can give you the option to register for an Upper-Intermediate level course as this will help you to develop your confidence in communication skills.
Q: Are these courses for adults?
A: Yes, the myEnglish, myEnglish Workplace and IELTS Coach courses are for adult learners, i.e., those over 18 years of age. Learners younger than 18 years will not be permitted on the course.
Q: How many students are in a class and how will I communicate with them?
A: To ensure that each student has ample time to practice in class and get individual attention from the teacher, our courses have a maximum of 20 students in a class. You will meet and interact with your teachers and classmates during the live online classes using your mic and speakers.
Q: What is the course fee for each module?
A: The price for each course or module is INR 4,750 per course for a student.
Q: Can I get a demo session of the course?
A: We run course demos every week. You can sign up to the upcoming webinars and course demos here.
Q: I am looking for a spoken English course. What is the best option for me?
A: Our courses will help you develop your skills and confidence in all language skills including speaking, writing, reading and listening. You will get plenty of opportunities during the live classes to practice your speaking and receive feedback from the teacher. Through the course, you will develop your fluency, vocabulary, grammar, listening and pronunciation which are very important to help you become a better speaker.
Q: Will I improve my grammar and vocabulary with these courses?
A: Yes, our courses will help you improve your grammar and vocabulary with plenty of interactive exercises for practice and as well as guidance and feedback from your teacher.
Q: How will the course improve my writing skills? Will I get to write essays and get feedback on them?
A: The myEnglish Workplace course will help you improve all four language skills, i.e., writing, speaking, reading and writing, for the workplace. During the course, you will have the opportunity to submit two optional writing assignments to your teacher and receive feedback.
Q: Will these courses help me with specific skills like public speaking, personality development etc?
A: Through our English courses, you will improve your overall communication skills and build your accuracy and fluency to converse in English. You will be able to apply this to a variety of situations and present your ideas more confidently and clearly.
Q: Do we have live classes, or do we get recordings of classes in these courses?
A: You will get to attend live online classes in the course. We use Zoom to deliver our live online classes which allows you to interact with your teacher and classmates. The experience is like being in any British Council class, there is a lot of interaction and opportunities to practice and work together.
Q. What is covered in the various courses or modules of the myEnglish course?
myEnglish Workplace Pre-Intermediate
Prepare for interview success for a new job or promotion in this module. You will learn to prepare a CV and application letter and attend or conduct interviews.
Learn how to describe your job, your experience and interests and your future goals and plans. You will also learn how to describe products to customers, explain things when you don’t know the word in English, talk about numbers and prices, and give advice.
Learn how to describe your business and company structure, handle travel for work and socialise successfully with colleagues and clients. This module also covers dealing with work problems and difficult customers.
You will also learn how to talk about work routines and schedules, describe people, make arrangements, ask for clarification, and express your opinions.
myEnglish Workplace Intermediate
Succeed at interviews and take your career to a new level with this module. You will learn to prepare a CV and covering letter, attend interviews, and talk about yourself and your motivations for a role.
You will also learn the language for handling complaints, taking part in negotiations, and performance discussions while improving your conversational and email writing skills.
Excel at presentations and enhance your report writing skills with this module. Learn to talk about products and services with figures and statistics in the context of marketing and sales.
You will also learn the language needed to convert potential leads into paying customers projects and improve your email writing skills.
myEnglish Workplace Upper-intermediate
Write business proposals and meeting reports confidently with this module. Improve your communication skills in the context of performance appraisals, meetings and event management.
Additionally, you will learn the language to support and mentor your team and enhance your managerial skills through effective communication strategies as well as improve your email writing skills.
Give effective feedback and improve your ability to express concerns and feelings proactively in this module. Learn the communications skills needed to talk about and deal with changes, manage projects, suggest solutions, and take part in strategic reviews.
In addition, you will learn the language needed to outline, revise, and close projects and improve your email writing skills.
Q: I am looking for a longer course. What are the options for me?
A: All our courses are available at multiple levels. After you complete one course, you can sign up for another module within the same or another course. We encourage our students to continue their learning so they can progress in their language skills by re-registering onto further courses. We send our students email communication on how to re-register when your course is about to end. Your teacher will also share information with you. Please do contact our customer service if you require further help with re-registration to your next course.
Enrolling in a course
Q: How do I enrol in a course?
A: Visit the course page on our website and then click on the ‘get started’ button to complete the online level test and find out your level. Then you will see all the course modules available at your level. Choose the course timing that suits you, add it to your cart, fill in your contact details and complete your payment online.
Q: What are the course timings?
A: We have a range of course timings available from morning to evening with live online classes on the weekdays or weekends. Once you complete the level check and find out your level, you can see the available course timings for your level that you can choose from. We have courses starting every week. For eg. If you have selected a Tuesday-Thursday course option and a timing of 2-4 PM, you will have live online classes every Tuesday and Thursday from 2-4 PM. Please note that once you have selected the dates and time, you cannot change them.
Q: Can I change the date of my course after enrolling on it?
A: We only allow transfers as per our terms and conditions under exceptional circumstances. We have a range of weekday and weekend options available for our courses. So please choose your course timing carefully. We have a range of weekday and weekend options available for our courses. So please choose your course timing carefully.
Q: Can I go for a different level from what I scored in the level check?
A: No, learners should join the course at their level to ensure the best learning outcomes.
Q: How do I choose which module to select from my level?
A: You can learn more about the details of modules available at different levels on this page. Also, after you complete your online level check, you will be shown the description of the modules available at your level again so that you can select the module based on your requirements.
Q: My online payment was not successful. What can I do?
A: Contact our Customer Service team at 0120- 4569000/ 6684353. Our lines are open Monday to Saturday from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM IST.
Q: Does the Covid-19 lockdown affect my course?
A: Our online courses will be delivered during the lockdown and there wouldn’t be any disruption for you as you can attend these courses from the comfort of your home.
Joining classes and accessing materials
Q: How do I log into my course and get access to the learning materials once I have registered?
A: Upon completing your course registration, you would have received an email with a link to set up your account username and password. You would have also received a separate email with joining instructions for your live classes and access to learning materials. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours from the time of registration to receive these emails. Do check your spam/junk email folders for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. What are the learning materials that come with the course?
Each myEnglish Workplace course has comprehensive and interactive online study activities (over 38 hours). You will also receive a student book and guide to help you make the most out of the course. As you have access to the online course materials for 90 days after enrolment, you will even be able to access the online course materials after the course has finished.
Q: Once I buy the course, how do I join the classes and get the materials?
A: You will receive an email with your access to the course website. You’ll have access to course materials and live class links on the course website. Please check your email regularly so you don’t miss important course updates.
Q: I have a limited bandwidth internet connection. Can I join the course?
A: You need a broadband connection or a 4G mobile connection to join the course.
Q: If I miss a class, will I get a recording of it?
A: To ensure the privacy of our students, we do not record classes. Details about the topics covered are available in the student book and your teacher will be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Q: Will I get a certificate after I complete the course? Will it be a physical or e-certificate?
A: Yes, you will receive an e-certificate if you successfully complete the course.
Q: Can more than one person access a single course login at a time?
A: No, the course access or login is meant for the learner who has signed up for the course only.
Q: How can I re-register for a course?
A: We send our students email communication on how to re-register when your course is about to end. Your teacher will also share information with you. Please do contact our customer service if you require further help with re-registration to your next course.
Q: What are the technical requirements to access the course?
Please make sure your tablet or computer meets these requirements.
- Our courses have been optimised to work best on:
- iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad Air, iPad Mini
- large-screen Android tablets such as Galaxy Tab S 10.5, Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1, Galaxy Tab 4 10.1, Galaxy Tab Note 10.1, Google Nexus 9.
- It may be possible to complete the courses on smaller-screen tablets, but the user experience will not be as good.
- Our online activities are not designed to be delivered optimally on small screens such as mobile phones
- On Mac OS we support up-to-date versions of Chrome or Safari.
- On Windows or Linux, we support up-to-date versions of Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer 11 and above.
- On iPad we support up-to-date versions of Chrome and Safari.
- On Android tablets we support the current version of Chrome.
- Our courses use a lot of video, so we recommend a minimum internet connection speed of 0.5 Mbps.
- Our courses include interaction in the Live Online Class. Please make sure you have access to a microphone in advance.
- Check the Zoom system requirements here.
Our teachers and statement of approach
Q: What kind of experience and qualifications do your teachers have?
A: Our teaching team comprises a diverse and varied group of English speakers, who have the knowledge, skills and experience to develop the language communication skills and learning strategies of our learners. All British Council teachers and trainers are fully proficient in English. In addition to a first degree, they all hold international English language teaching and online teaching qualifications, as well as additional qualifications such as Master's degrees, DELTA and CELTYL.
We have been helping students around the world for over 80 years. Our teachers receive continuous professional development on employing the latest teaching methodologies, techniques and technologies for teaching modern, real-life English.
When you learn with the British Council, you are learning with the English experts you can trust.
Q: What is your Statement of Approach?
A: In British Council classrooms, learners succeed in their language learning because teachers:
- set realistic goals with and for their learners
- inform learners of the aims and purpose of learning activities
- create a positive and inclusive learning environment where learners learn with and from each other and feel confident using English in the classroom
- make lessons engaging, personally relevant and appropriately challenging
- help learners develop intercultural awareness and understanding
- help learners develop a positive and persevering attitude towards their English language learning
- use a variety of resources and technologies to meet their learners’ needs
- help learners identify the strategies that suit them best to become successful and autonomous language learners
- give timely and constructive feedback on learning and progress
- encourage learners to reflect systematically and regularly upon their learning and progress.
Q. What is your Special Education Needs policy?
A. SPECIAL EDUCATION NEEDS (SEN) POLICY
British Council is an inclusive organisation that welcomes students with learning difficulties or medical conditions. We aim to integrate SEN students into our mainstream classes, where possible, so that they can follow the curriculum and achieve the course learning objectives.
We recognise that each student has his/her own individual needs. Our aim is to ensure that, as far as possible, students are consulted and involved in decisions about how their needs might be met. This involves talking to and listening to our students, as it is important that their views regarding their learning are properly considered. To help us do this, we request you to contact: email@example.com
Once notified, we will arrange a telephone or video conference before the course starts. We may also offer trial access to our online activities to session to assess any barriers to study with us.
This information will be used to formulate an individual plan for the student, enabling us to optimise our teaching methods to better suit you.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0120-4569000 / 6684353, Mon-Sat 9.00 am to 6.00 pm. for more information.
Sometimes, it is not possible to offer a place for the student because they do not meet our entry requirements (e.g. literacy skills do not correspond with what is needed for students undertaking that level of study). In some cases, we may not accept a student into our course because we are not able to provide consistent and sustainable support. The decision to not allow a student to register (or continue) is not made lightly and is based upon a consideration of all factors related to the individual case. The outcome is at the discretion of the centre’s Academic Manager.
Q: Who can I talk to for more information on the course?
For course related queries, please call 0120-4569000 / 6684353, Mon-Sat 9.00 am to 6.00 pm.