All students of our courses, myEnglish, myEnglish Workplace and IELTS Coach, are required to follow these terms and conditions, which are issued by BC Examinations and English Services India Private Limited (“BCEESIPL”). BC Examinations and English Services India Private Limited is a subsidiary of the British Council UK, which is the United Kingdom’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities.
- The student is presumed to have read, agreed and accepted these terms & conditions.
- The student hereby confirms that he/she is 18 years of age or more on the day of his/her course booking.
- Places on courses are limited. Early applicants will receive priority during registration. The places are guaranteed once payment is received.
- The course and/or app logins, course materials and access to live online classes provided to the student will be for his/her use only. The student agrees to not distribute the same to others or reproduce any course material, in any form or manner.
- If BCEESIPL cancels a lesson or live online class, it will make it up to the students by offering another lesson or live online class, unless this is not possible due to unforeseen circumstances such as a security threat or a natural disaster. If a student misses a lesson for any reason, BCEESIPL will not compensate such student, in any form or manner, for the same.
- BCEESIPL reserves the right to expel a student (without any refund) if he/she intentionally damages or steals BCEESIPL property (digital), who is disruptive, is rude to or who harasses any course participant and/or staff member.
- The student confirms that she/he has access to internet on a computer (recommended internet connection speed of minimum of 0.5 Mbps), and computer headset (microphone and speakers) to enable her/him to do the course. The student is responsible for his/her equipment and software to enable him/her to do this course.
- For IELTS Coach, access to the IELTS coach app is given to the student within 48-hours of successful payment for the IELTS coach course. Access to the IELTS Coach app is given for a total of 8-weeks from this time. For IELTS Coach, course materials and access to the Live Online Classes will be shared via email closer to the start date of the Live Online Classes.
- The student is expected to recheck her/his personal details for any mismatch in the booking confirmation. For myEnglish and myEnglish Workplace, for any changes, the students can inform their teacher within two (2) weeks from the start of the course.
For IELTS Coach, for any changes, the student can inform the teacher within one (1) week from the start of the course. Credits must be used within two (2) months from the date of receipt of the same. Credits cannot be converted into refunds later. Refunds will be given within four (4) weeks of receipt and approval of supporting documents and the written request.
- The student will receive an e-certificate upon successful completion of the course. The student needs to inform BCEESIPL within one month of course completion, if she/he has not received this certificate. After one month from the date of completion of the course, BCEESIPL will not issue the aforementioned e-certificates. For IELTS Coach, the student is eligible to receive an e-certificate for course participation only if he/she attends a minimum of 6 hours of Live Online Classes.
- Movements from one class to another will be allowed by BCEESIPL, only if places are available and before the start of courses. Additional fees may apply, at the sole discretion of BCEESIPL.
- BCEESIPL reserves the right to terminate or reschedule courses and Live Online Classes. In such case BCEESIPL will offer students either
a) an alternative course time at the same level; or
b) a refund; or
c) a credit for the following session (for myEnglish and myEnglish Workplace valid for a period of 180 days from the date of such termination or rescheduling; and for IELTS Coach valid for a period of 60 days from the date of such termination or rescheduling)
14. Written requests for credits or refunds. For IELTS Coach these are applicable only to live online classes. This will be only considered under the following exceptional circumstances:
|Reasons||Documents required as proof (scan or photocopy of original can be considered)|
|Prolonged period of ill health certified by a doctor||Doctor’s certificate|
|New job appointment that prevents a student from attending his/her course||Dated appointment letter|
|Death or onset of serious illness (prolonged hospitalisation or incapacitation) of an immediate family member (spouse, parents, siblings, children)||Death certificate or medical certificate|
No credits or refunds will be allowed for other reasons not listed above, or such as:
- Marriage of self or family member
- Foreign nationals leaving India
The following timelines are applicable for the submission of such a written request and supporting documents (as above). Deductions apply as stated against each point in the tables below.
For myEnglish and myEnglish Workplace, refunds and credits are subject to the following deductions:
|TIMELINE||REFUND||CREDIT / MOVEMENT TO ANOTHER COURSE TIMING|
|Valid request received at least 72 hours before the course start date||90% of the course fees will be refunded to the student||Free of charge|
|Valid request received within the 72-hour period preceding the course start date||
75% of the course fees will be refunded to the student
|10% course fee will be deducted as administrative charges; and the balance 90% will be provided as credit|
|Valid request received within 1 week of the course start date.||50% of the course fees will be refunded to the student||25% course fee will be deducted as administrative charges; and the balance 75% will be provided as credit|
|Valid request received more than a week after the course start date||No refund||No credit|
For IELTS Coach, refunds and credits are subject to the following deductions:
|Timeline||Refund||Credit / Movement to another course timing|
|Valid request received within 48-hours of receiving access to the IETLS coach app||50% of the course fees will be refunded to the student||No Credit|
|Valid request received within the 48-hour period preceding the first Live online course start date||50% of the course fees will be refunded to the student||10% course fee will be deducted as administrative charges; and the balance 90% will be provided as credit|
|Valid request received after completing 3 hours of Live Online classes||No refund||10% course fee will be deducted as administrative charges; and the balance 90% will be provided as credit|
|Valid request received more than 48 hours of receiving access to app and/or attended atleast one Live Online Class||No refund||No credit|
Please note that access to the IELTS Coach app given to users for 8 weeks will not be suspended in case of a refund or extended in case of a credit.
15. For myEnglish and myEnglish Workplace, credits must be used within 6 months from the date of receipt of the same. For IELTS Coach, credits must be used within two (2) months from the date of receipt of the same. Credits cannot be converted into refunds later. Refunds will be given within four (4) weeks of receipt and approval of supporting documents and the written request.