What is myEnglish Workplace?
myEnglish Workplace is a business communication skills course. It is essential for those looking for to get ahead at work and improve professional communication with colleagues, customers and clients. Designed for jobseekers and working professionals looking for improved career opportunities, it combines activity-based online learning with live online classes.
myEnglish Workplace courses provide language improvement and training in essential business communication skills. This includes business correspondence, meetings, networking, interview skills and business vocabulary. Studying with us helps you to develop your professional English language skills for the office or other business environments. Through understanding workplace communication skills and strategies, gain the confidence to build strong relationships with your colleagues and clients.
Whatever your English level, a myEnglish Workplace course includes two modules. Each module focuses on different topics and skills relevant to improving your level and your workplace performance.
Why choose myEnglish Workplace?
- Flipped learning: Learn better and more effectively with our flipped learning model. Study online activities before your class. and tThen come to class ready for in-depth discussions, Q&A, roleplays and more related to your real-life workplace situations.
- Expert teachers: Improve your English in the 12 hours of live online classes. Each class is delivered by British Council teachers with training and experience in teaching business English. They who will give you expert feedback and guidance.
- Online activities: Access 38 hours of guided online study activities. These include business skills guides and practice as well as business-related grammar and vocabulary, guided by a video tutor.
- Reference material: Receive a detailed digital language handbook for each module covering key business English grammar and vocabulary. These will to help you communicate more effectively.
- Achieve certificates: You will get a British Council certificate if you successfully complete the course.
- Learn new skills: Improve your soft skills for the workplace through business speaking, writing, listening and reading practice. We cover topics related to successfully working with customers, clients and colleagues and looking for a job or promotion.
- Gain confidence: Develop the confidence you need to succeed at work as you improve your English and soft skills.
- Improve your English level: Each level of myEnglish Workplace consists of two courses or modules. Study both modules to improve your all-round workplace communication skills.
What are the learning outcomes?
Better business communication skills: Improve your verbal communication skills for the workplace by working on your pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary. Enhance key soft skills through effective online interaction including group discussions, roleplays, presentations and time management.
Confidence: Learn to communicate in English at work with fluency, accuracy and confidence. Your confidence will soar as your practice using a range of business situations,. These range from internal communications to dealing with customers and clients.
Accuracy: Our course is designed to help you practice and fine-tune your written and spoken business communication skills. There is a specific focus on using grammar and vocabulary accurately.
How do I sign up for a course?
- Click on Get Started and take your online level check.
- Once you receive your level, you can choose a course and a start date and time from the options available.
- Add the course to your shopping basket and fill out the billing details. You will then proceed to checkout with a payment method of your choice.
What is an Online Level Check?
The Online Level Check is quick check of your English language level against the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference). It comprises 30 multiple choice questions, which you have up to 30 minutes to answer. Each question comprises two parts: part A is the actual question and part B tells us how sure you are about the answer. You must complete both parts to move onto the next question. Once you complete the test, you will be able to see your English level and the course options available to you based on your level.
What is the difference between a course and a module?
myEnglish Workplace is available as two courses of 50 hours each over 6 weeks. Each course is called a module. The differences between the modules are topics that are covered in each module. Once you get to the course selection page after taking the Online Level Check, you will be able to see a description of each module and select the module you prefer. You can take one or both modules in any order. If you complete three modules by taking either one myEnglish Workplace module and two myEnglish modules or vice versa, your English proficiency will move up one level on the CEFR scale. For example, if you are at Pre-Intermediate level, and you complete three modules, you will become Intermediate upon completing the modules.
Before signing up for your course, please remember:
- myEnglish Workplace is for those who are 18 years of age or above
- to make sure you take the online level check yourself so that we can match you to the correct level
- to complete the enrolment using the learner’s name and email ID
- an enrolment is valid for one student at a time.