At the British Council, your health and safety come first. We are closely following and implementing guidance from national and state government authorities to ensure the continued well-being of our community.
In light of the rapidly evolving coronavirus situation and the prevailing uncertainty, we would like to reassure you that our duty of care towards you is of paramount importance. We would like to highlight the relevant measures we have taken to protect all our test-takers.
Please inform us immediately if:
- You are under 14-day compulsory quarantine, stay-at-home order, medical surveillance or a self-quarantine order, as specified by the Indian Government.
- You have been in contact with any person suspected to be exposed to coronavirus.
- You have a cold, fever, are short of breath or have flu-like symptoms.
If any of the above applies to you, please email us at email@example.com and we will reschedule your test or provide you with a refund.
On the test day, you will need to sign a health declaration form confirming the above.
On the test day:
- Your temperature might be taken before you enter the test centre.
- You will be required to wear a mask, that covers your mouth and nose. You may be requested to remove this for identification and after any toilet breaks to confirm identity.
- You will be asked to keep 2 m distance from other test takers and staff.
- Please follow basic hygiene practices, such as using hand-sanitiser available at the test centre and wash your hands regularly.
- We are thoroughly sanitising all venues and equipment including computers before the start of every test.
- Staff and examiners will wear a facemask on test day.
- A test-taker or examiner cannot insist to remove the facemask during the speaking test.
- Designated bins for mask disposal are available at all test venues.
- Test-takers should take all used stationery with them at the end of the test.
After your test:
- If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 less than 14 days after you have taken your IELTS test, you are requested to report this to your test centre by email. This will help us to communicate with other test takers and follow the government advice.
- Our top priority is your health and safety. More information on protecting yourself from novel coronavirus (COVID 19) is available here.
Please be advised that there is a delay in processing the following services and we will get back to test takers as soon as possible:
- EOR (Enquiry on Results)
- ATRF (Additional Test Report Form)
About refund request: To request a cancellation and refund of your IELTS Exam, Click Here
We seek your continued support and cooperation in fulfilling our responsibility of delivering examinations to the best of our ability while prioritising your welfare at all times.