For the latest update on test schedule click here
At the British Council, the health and safety of all our staff and customers is our top priority. We are closely following and implementing guidance from national and state government authorities to ensure the continued well-being of all of our community.
In light of the rapidly evolving coronavirus situation and the prevailing uncertainty, we would like to reassure you that our duty of care to you is of paramount importance to us. We have put in place relevant measures to protect all test-takers, which we would like to highlight to you.
Health and safety measures at test venues for test-takers
On test days:
- We are thoroughly sanitising all venues before the start of every test.
- Hand sanitizers are available at test venues.
- All equipment, including computers, are cleaned between each test session.
- Test-takers and venue staff may wear masks on test days.
- Your speaking examiner may be wearing a surgical mask.
- A test-taker or examiner cannot insist the other remove or put on a mask during the speaking component of the test.
- If test-takers choose to wear a mask, they will be required to remove it during registration, ID checks and after any toilet breaks to confirm identity.
- Designated bins for mask disposal will be able at all venues.
- Test-takers should take all used stationery at the end of the test.
- Please do not come to the test if you are unwell or showing symptoms such as fever, cough, respiratory difficulty or other flu-like symptoms.
- Test-takers displaying the above symptoms will not be permitted to sit for any exams.
- Test-takers can request a free transfer or refund if they are feeling unwell.
- If you do not feel comfortable with taking the exam in the current situation, you can request a free transfer or refund.
- We will inform test-takers ahead of the test date via SMS and Email of any changes in their test schedule and/or test venue.
- We are currently facing a large number of calls to our call centres and request you email us with your enquiry.
- Please be advised that there is a delay in processing the following services and we will get back to test-takers as soon as possible:
- EOR (Enquiry on Results)
- ATRF (Additional Test Report Form)
Requesting Postponement or Refunds:
- To transfer your test to an alternate date, Click Here
- To request a cancellation and refund of your IELTS Exam, Click Here
We are monitoring the Covid-19 situation daily and are taking precautionary measures in line with the relevant authorities. Please be assured we will keep you updated on the latest developments at our end. If you require more information or assistance, please do reach out to us via the contact details below.
We seek your continued support and cooperation in fulfilling our responsibility of delivering examinations to the best of our ability, while prioritising your welfare at all times.