Open doors to Canada with IELTS
IELTS is one of the world’s most popular high-stakes English language tests, with 3.5 million tests taken in the past year. It is the English test of choice for educational organisations, professional associations, and employers across Canada.
IELTS is accepted by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for work abroad and immigration so if you dream to move to Canada, IELTS is the test for you.
IELTS for study in Canada
If you are planning to study at a Canadian University, you would need to take the IELTS test. IELTS is acknowledged by more than 350 institutes and universities in Canada.
Check the list of institutions and universities in Canada that accept IELTS.
Post-graduation work permit
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has introduced 3 new measures on post-graduation work permit eligibility for students beginning programs online. These changes are being implemented to provide more flexibility to the international students who need or want to start their Canadian study program online from abroad.
1. Students may now study online from abroad until April 30, 2021, with no time deducted from the length of a future post-graduation work permit, provided 50% of their program of study is eventually completed in Canada.
2. Students who have enrolled in a program that is between 8 and 12 months in length, with a start date from May to September 2020, will be able to complete their entire program online from abroad and still be eligible for a post-graduation work permit.
3. Students who have already enrolled in a program with a start date from May to September 2020 and study online up to April 30, 2021, and who graduate from more than one eligible program of study, may be able to combine the length of their programs of study when they apply for a post-graduation work permit in the future, as long as 50% of their total studies are completed in Canada.
For more information, please visit Canada.ca
To study in Canada, you will need to take the IELTS Academic test. Please click here for details on IELTS Academic test.
IELTS for immigration
There are different procedures to apply for permanent residency or Canadian citizenship. The most popular option is Express Entry, an online application system that manages applications from skilled workers for permanent residence through three other economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
The Canadian provinces and territories also recruit applicants from the same Express Entry pool that you apply to, through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) to meet local employment market needs.
If you would like to migrate to Canada, you will need to take the IELTS General Training test. Please click here for details. IELTS General Training test.
More information on the eligibility for Express Entry programs can be found on Canada.ca website.