Equip students with the skills needed in a global workplace.
Students can improve their employability skills with the British Council’s highly effective short courses, at three different levels:
- upper intermediate
You can choose the skill you want participants to develop and the most convenient method of delivery: online or onsite.
Our employability skills courses will help your students in areas of:
- Open and close presentations effectively
- Use appropriate body language
- How to transition smoothly between slides
- Structure your presentation
- Use your voice to highlight important points
- Deal with questions effectively
- Use advanced techniques for presenting to make your points more memorable.
- Participate effectively in a group discussion
- Agree, disagree and ask for opinions in a GD
- Take turns by interrupting politely
- Agree without being disagreeable
- Use language to perform important functions in a group discussion
- Lead a discussion
- Support your opinion with reason.
- Prepare for an interview
- Promote yourself most effectively in an interview
- Answer questions using the STAR format (situation, task, action, result)
- Make a good first impression in an interview.
- Write or update your resume
- Create a LinkedIn profile and write a LinkedIn profile summary
- Update your resume
- Writing a covering email to apply for internships or placements.