This skills-based course will help increase your child's fluency and confidence in using English, and enhance their abilities in speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Students use a course book designed to provide a structure to the lessons, developing their use of the language through stimulating and challenging activities.
The classes are fun and interactive, encouraging young learners to effectively communicate with confidence and improve their vocabulary and grammar.
With this course, your child will:
- Practise and develop their English language and skills
- Develop life skills such as team-working, addressing a large audience confidently, giving and taking opinions, etc
- Gain confidence and motivation as they receive feedback on assessed tasks and projects from both their teacher and peers
- Learn independently by developing effective reading, speaking, listening and writing skills
- Your child will receive an end of term report and a British Council certificate on the last day of the course.
We see parents as partners and have created a Parent Engagement Plan to complement your child’s course. You will receive regular feedback on your child’s progress. At each age, we will assess their development in their language.
The Parent Engagement Plan includes:
- Meet the teacher – before class
- Workshops for parents (how to help your child at home) – during course
- Experience the classroom – once during a term
- Weekly progress updates – on a digital platform called Edmodo
- Parent-Teacher meeting (where children showcase what they’ve learnt) – every 6 to 8 weeks.
The benefits include:
- Personalised progress updates via Edmodo
- Tips and strategies to continue your child’s learning outside the British Council through parent workshops
- First-hand experience of your child’s class
- Periodic display of your child’s work when you come for the Parent-Teacher meeting
- A chance to meet other parents.
Course location and fees:
New Delhi: 11,500