The British Council office is a Camac Street landmark in the heart of the city’s buzzing commercial district.
Together with one of two English Learning Centres, our main office boasts a well-stocked library containing books, magazines, journals and DVDs as well as access to Education UK services and an in-house Café Coffee Day.
For English Learning Centre students, classes take place at Camac Street, South City International School and Sri Sri academy. They are conveniently located near AJC Bose Road, South City Mall (Prince Anwar Shah Road) and New Alipore road respectively and are easily accessible by public transport.
The student-friendly design of our teaching centre ensures that the premises are safe and secure, classrooms are spacious and comfortable and that tea and coffee facilities are always available. Library members can browse and borrow English-learning resources from our library while parents or guardians can wait in comfort.
- Join our popular interactive Facebook community
- Get free extra classes with trainee CELTA participants*
- Develop your fluency by joining our free Conversation Clubs*
- Become a library member at a special discounted rate
- Have your say with termly focus groups and feedback
- Enjoy, Learn and Socialize with our Film Club*
- Opt into our library workshops*
- Parents gain access to LearnEnglish Parents
- Take part in our global and national art competitions*
- Access LearnEnglish online and other mobile applications
*Subject to timetable and availability