Levels A1 and A2 correspond to basic users of the language, i.e. those able to communicate in everyday situations with commonly-used expressions and elementary vocabulary.
Skills at level A2
One of the questions you might ask yourself when you read this information is, what language competences characterise a person who can prove they have a level A2 in English? It is specified as the following:
- Understand sentences and frequently-used expressions related to the areas of experience most immediately relevant to them (e.g. very basic personal and family information, hobbies, places of interest, employment, etc.)
- Communicate in simple, everyday tasks requiring no more than a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters
- Describe in simple terms past events, their environment and immediate needs.
Achieve level A2 with one of our courses
- Spoken English
- Everyday English
- Business Communication Skills
- myEnglish (online)
- LearnEnglish Select (online)
- EnglishStrokes (online)