Terms and Conditions – Term 2 Young Learners’ Campaign
1. This ‘Kindle Lucky Draw Contest’ ("Draw") is being run/organized by the British Council Division, British High Commission, 17, K. G. Marg, New Delhi, India (hereinafter referred to as the “British Council”).
2. Draw is open to all the Indian citizens as well as the foreign citizens residing in India, who are aged between 07to17 years and are registered for the Young Learners’ Course at the British Council. Only one entry per person is allowed. Entries registered on behalf of another person will not be accepted, unless it is done by the Parents/ Guardians, and joint submissions in this regard are also not allowed.
3. The promotion period for the Draw begins from 23rd July 2018 and ends on 13th Aug 2018 in Chennai, 18th Aug 2018 in Delhi and on 22nd Aug 2018 in Kolkata, both dates inclusive ("Promotion Period"). Entries received after the end of the Promotion Period shall not be entertained and shall be considered ineligible for the Contest.
4. An individual between the ages of 7 to 17 years (“Person / Persons”) through the express consent of their parents/ guardians shall be entitled to a chance to win the Draw provided that he/she has participated in the lucky draw by registering for th Young Learners’ course within the specified period in Delhi, Kolkata or Chennai. There will be only one Kindle winner per location.
5. Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions, this Draw is not open to the employees of the British Council or their immediate family members or any person directly connected with the Draw or the Young Learners’ Course. However, this Draw is open to those persons who register online for the Young Learners’ Course.
6. A person need not pay any sum/charges/fees (other than the fees payable for registration for the Young Learner course of the British Council’s teaching centre) for participating in the Draw. This Draw shall be treated as a promotional activity of the British Council for its teaching centres.
7. The Draw will be conducted at the end of the Promotion Period at every teaching centre and announced on 30thof August 2018 across all the 3 teaching centres. and only one (01) eligible person will be selected at random on the basis of the lucky draw from the list of persons who have registered for the Young Learners’ Course during the Promotion Period, by such means and methods (which may be manual or computerized) as the British Council may determine and shall be final and binding on all the Persons. The British Council reserves the right to draw as many reserve winners to replace any of the winners, who are subsequently found to be disqualified.
8. The Draw will be conducted at the British Council’s office in New Delhi. There will be one winner per location so cumulative there will be 3 winners. Each winner will be entitled to a Kindle worth Rs. 10,974/- (Rupees Ten Thousand Nine Hundred and Seventy Four only). The winner(s), through their parents/ guardians, shall not deny signing any receipt, affidavit, indemnity, agreements and/or documents in respect of the Contest as and when required by the British Council at the time of delivery of the prizes.
9.The winners or their parents/ guardians shall be notified by email/ telephone (to his/her respective email id or telephone number which are in the records of the British Council) as well as on the British Council website within seven (07) working days from the date of the Draw. The winners, through their parents/ guardians, must confirm acceptance of the prize immediately with the British Council. If the British Council does not receive a confirmation from the selected winners or their parents/ guardians within fifteen (15) working days after initial contact is made by the British Council, the original selected winners will be disqualified and the next eligible winners shall be selected as the prize winners. If the prize remains unclaimed for three (03) months from the date of the Draw, it shall stand forfeited by the British Council.
10. The winners or their parents/ guardians shall have to produce their original and valid photo ID proofs, which could include the school IDs of the Persons if it provides for their date of birth, and also the original payment receipt received by them from the British Council for registration for membership to be eligible for receiving the prize. Such winners through their parents/ guardians can collect their prize from the place and at the time as would be notified to them by the British Council.
11. If any Person is subsequently discovered to be not entitled or is considered ineligible to participate in the Draw or is ineligible to receive the prize, the British Council reserves the right to forfeit/reclaim the prize at its sole discretion and confer the same on any other person as may be selected by the British Council in any manner as the British Council deems fit. No person in any case whatsoever shall be entitled to any payment or compensation from the British Council should any prize be forfeited.
12. The British Council may at its sole discretion substitute or replace any prize with any other prize of equal or similar value (in kind) selected by it without any prior notice, subject to the provisions of any applicable law. Unless otherwise indicated by the British Council, all prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and are not exchangeable for cash or for any other item. British Council accepts no responsibility for any tax or other liability that may arise from the prize winnings.
13. The winners, through their parents/ guardians, agree to co-operate with and participate in any advertising or publicity activities of the British Council relating to the Draw and agree that the British Council may publicize the name and/or photograph of each winner in such mode and manner as the British Council considers fit. No claims whatsoever can be made against the British Council for the use by the British Council of the name and/or photograph of the winners. By participating in the Draw, the winner, through their parents/ guardians, is deemed to consent to any publicity which may be generated as a result of the Draw, and use on any marketing material and in any media at any time, including use of the winner's name, pictures and basic information in all related marketing and publicity promotion with the consent of the Persons’ parents/ guardians. Persons or their parents/ guardians shall not, without the prior written approval of the British Council, speak to the press or any other media nor give any interviews or comments relating to the Draw.
14. Without prejudice to these terms and conditions, the parents/ guardians of all the Persons part of the Draw expressly through written consent shall irrevocably permit and authorize the British Council to disclose, reveal and divulge information regarding the Persons’ particulars to the parties involved in organizing, promoting and conducting the Draw, for the purposes of the Draw.
15. The British Council’s decision on all matters relating to this Draw shall be at its absolute discretion and shall be final and binding on all the Persons. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any brochure, marketing or promotional material relating to the Draw, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
16.The British Council reserves the right at its absolute discretion to terminate or cancel this Draw or vary, delete or add to any of these terms and conditions from time to time without providing any notice including without limitation, the eligibility of any Persons, the bases and methods of identification of the winners and the dates of the Draw.
17.All taxes, levies and duties, if any, due and owing under applicable and statutory laws in connection with the prizes, and all other costs and taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winners and their parents/ guardians.
18.The British Council shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising in connection with the Draw, including any act or omission relating to any person's participation howsoever caused, any error in computing any draw chances, any breakdown or malfunction in any computer system or equipment and any notice which is misdirected or lost in the post.
19.Each winner and his/her parent/ guardian releases the British Council and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all claims, liability, loss, or damage, including any third party claims, arising from or relating to, in whole or in part, to this Draw or the possession, use, misuse of, or inability to use the prize. The Kindle will be awarded to the winner in a sealed pack condition and all product related warranties provided by the Kindle manufacturer will be transferred to the winner, through his/her parent/ guardian, at the time of award and under no circumstances shall the British Council will be held responsible for any defect in the Kindle including but not limited to any claim for replacement or repair thereof or other damages in connection with the Kindle.
20. The British Council shall not be responsible if the address of a Person or his/her parent/ guardian is incorrect or if the winner his/her parent/ guardian is unavailable at the address despite reasonable attempts being made to inform them.
21. By entering the Draw, the Persons, through their parents/ guardians, agree to have read all the terms and conditions mentioned herein and are in acceptance of these terms and conditions. The Person, through his/her parent/ guardian, further agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and by any other requirements as set out in the promotional material accompanying the Draw. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of India and the Person in the Draw irrevocably submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Delhi.