The International Dimension Co-ordinator should promote International Awareness throughout the school, the wider school community and the local community.
This can be achieved by:
- Arranging international activities within the school.
- Inviting visitors from other countries into school.
- Initiating communication links with other schools in the UK and abroad.
- Reporting to staff and governors as appropriate.
- Providing articles about recent international work for the school magazine.
- Informing the local media of international events taking place in the school.
The role of the International Coordinator:
- To have overall responsibility for successfully applying for the International School Award.
- To be responsible for conducting an annual audit outlining the schools action plan for developing an International Dimension.
- To contribute towards a school policy statement on the International Dimension.
- To develop an International dimension throughout the school by helping colleagues develop cross-curricular projects within each year group.
- To help the school celebrate the rich and diverse cultural heritage and ethnic diversity within the school through the assemblies, international days/weeks, etc.
- To plan for the International Dimension by liaising with all staff.
- To regularly evaluate the impact of international activities.
- To develop and maintain resources to promote the International Dimension.
- To develop, monitor and support global school links and exchanges.
- To liaise with and support visitors from other countries.