Through the India-UK Collaboration Scheme, Crafting Futures in India brings together Indian and UK partners to co-develop and collaborate on projects which explore new futures for craft in India and investigate the following questions:
- What are new ecosystems for craft? How can traditional skills, contemporary design and enterprise come together to create new systems?
- How can craft be a route to women’s empowerment and leadership?
- How can craft address global environmental challenges?
- How can craft tourism ensure craft is widely appreciated?
- What possibilities does digital technology bring to craft?
The projects will develop and strengthen the craft sector in India and provide models of practice and collaboration which could strengthen the craft sector globally, while enhancing or creating new networks between the UK and India.