British Council India is inviting collaborative proposals from craft-based organisations (collectives, institutes, social enterprise/NGOs and private entities) based in India and the UK for the Crafting Futures India-UK Collaboration Scheme.
Crafting Futures is a global programme that aims for a sustainable future for craft by understanding its value in our history, culture, and the world today. This year, due to the challenges posed by the pandemic, the focus will be on finding virtual and other new, hybrid ways of working towards a roadmap for recovery for the craft sector.
The collaboration scheme will enable Indian and UK partners to co-develop and collaborate on projects exploring the following questions:
- What are new ecosystems for craft? How can traditional skills, contemporary design and enterprise come together to create new systems?
- How can craft be a route to women’s empowerment and leadership?
- How can craft address global environmental challenges?
- How can craft tourism ensure craft is widely appreciated?
- What possibilities does digital technology bring to craft?
Click here to get additional information about the collaboration scheme.
For more details, read the sections below: