Has staying indoors taken a toll on you? If lockdown has got you stressed, anxious, tense, and worried, consider practicing meditation and restore your calm and peace.
Indulge in these e-books and audiobooks available in our online library to learn more about meditation and melt your stress and anxiety away:
1. McMindfulness – Ronald Purser highlights in this book, how corporations, schools, governments, and the military have co-opted mindfulness as a technique for social control and self-pacification.
2. The Happiness Plan – This book by Dr. Elise Bialylew helps you discover simple practices to increase your sense of wellbeing, balance and joy, reduce stress and worry (and its negative impact on your body), improve your focus, performance and fulfillment at work, create more fulfilling relationships, increase your sense of purpose, connection and meaning in life.
3. The Blooming of a Lotus – With gentle wisdom, Thich Nhat Hanh presents exercises that help us acknowledge and dissolve the anger and separation that can arise between men and women, children and parents, humans and the earth.
4. Mindfulness in Motion - In this book, Dr. Tamara Russell has created a unique practice to help you cope more effectively with the most challenging emotions and feelings. Dr. Russell has used these techniques effectively in a clinical setting with sufferers of manic depression, as well as in corporate settings with managers experiencing a high degree of stress and with elite athletes looking to integrate seamlessly body and mind.
5. The Little Pocket Book of Meditation - People often worry that to meditate properly they need to sit for hours in cold and empty rooms, but in ‘The Little Pocket Book of Meditation’, the author Stephanie Brookes sweeps aside these out-dated stereotypes. Writing in a down-to-earth, accessible style, Stephanie shows us how to incorporate simple meditation techniques into our busy, non-stop lives.