An online library was never in Nitin’s plans when he started off as an undergrad last year. Then 2020 happened!
In between the lockdown, suspended classes and restrictions on movement, Nitin changed his learning plan. They say good things come in small packages. Well, for Nitin, the British Council was there to prove that cliché correct. With more and more students like Nitin studying at home in an effort to slow the spread of the coronavirus, it’s becoming increasingly clear that online learning is here to stay. No surprises that the global user base for remote learning has grown 120 per cent compared to the pre-Covid-19 period and virtual learning is driving the adoption of new tools.
Contrary to the idea that libraries are a thing of the past, during the pandemic they have witnessed a massive revival in interest, albeit in a different form. On this note, we’ve captured five good reasons why the British Council online library is popular among students and researchers who are looking for reliable information for meaningful, in-depth research:
- World-class academic content: Empower yourself with a bundle of primary research publications, journals, e-books and dissertations from the most popular research databases across the globe, JSTOR and ProQuest. Some of the most popular and well-reviewed journals include the British Medical Journal, Economic and Political Weekly, Lancet, Nature and much more.
- International newsstand: Stay updated and informed about the latest news from around the world with national and international newspapers and magazines from more than 100 countries. Most popular titles include Economic Times, The Hindu, The Guardian, Washington Post, The Economist and much more.
- Engaging online sessions: Upgrade your skills, share ideas, learn and connect with like-minded individuals with our unique range of events and programmes such as management workshops, creative writing courses, reading club, and much more. Our workshops use the latest training and facilitation methods to help participants work together. You will be engaged, challenged and stimulated to learn more.
- Library on your fingertips: We are a world of information sitting right inside your pocket and accessible 24x7 from any mobile device, tablet and even your laptop with an internet connection.
- Break free with MyLOFT: Enjoy a hassle-free and user-friendly reading and learning experience on your mobile, with our new versatile app MyLOFT – your personal library, where you can access, save, organise and customise all your e-contents, anytime, anywhere.