You can't not acknowledge the impact Shakespeare has had through his work on the world. To feel Shakespeare’s influence, you don’t have to live in England. it’s visible worldwide!
Let’s celebrate the bard with the best of his works. We have picked 5 of his classiest and richest play you must watch. So, select your fav. and let’s raise a toast together!
1. Macbeth: A tragedy about power, ambition, deceit, and murder, the plot revolves around three Witches who foretell Macbeth's rise to King of Scotland but also prophesy that future kings will descend from Banquo, a fellow army captain.
“Come what come may,
Time and the hour runs through the roughest day.”
2. Romeo and Juliet: A tragedy written by William Shakespeare; about two young star-crossed lovers whose deaths ultimately reconcile their feuding families. It was among Shakespeare's most popular plays during his lifetime and most frequently performed plays.
“What’s in a name? A rose by any name would smell as sweet.”
3. Julius Caeser: A historic play and tragedy of Julius Ceaser based on true events from Roman history. Jealous conspirators convince Caesar's friend Brutus to join their assassination plot against Caesar.
“The fault, dear Brutus, lies not within the stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings.”
4. Hamlet: This is one of the longest plays written by William Shakespeare. Set in Denmark, the play depicts Prince Hamlet and his revenge against his uncle, Claudius, who has murdered Hamlet's father in order to seize his throne and marry Hamlet's mother
“We know what we are, but know not what we may be.”
5. As You Like It: This is Shakespeare’s one of the romantic comedy play, where the daughter of a duke, Rosalind, is banished to a forest, where she disguises herself as a man. There, she chances upon Orlando, her love interest, and tries to win him over.
“All the world ‘s a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts.”