IELTS SpeakREADY is a 30-minute face to face mock speaking test with an IELTS assessment expert in a virtual environment through a Zoom call. The session will include a 20 min speaking mock test on the lines of a live test, followed by a 10-minute qualitative feedback session by the IELTS assessment expert. No band score will be awarded.
The mock exam gives you the opportunity to practice your English-speaking skills and receive personalised feedback from a British Council IELTS assessment expert. You can book your IELTS SpeakREADY test for INR 1500/- only and avail the opportunity to gain confidence and achieve your desired score when it comes to the real thing. We would like you to get the most out of your SpeakREADY session. To do so, we have some tips about what to expect and would like to share with you the house rules and other terms and conditions of use.
What you can expect:
- A friendly, supportive and highly experienced IELTS assessment expert who is keen to show you how to improve and get the best score in the IELTS speaking test
- A 30-minute SpeakREADY session using video and audio interaction
- A short discussion about your IELTS speaking test goal, about whether you have taken the test before, and about what areas you would most like to focus on improving
- A practice IELTS test that is as close to the real test as possible
- Clear, individualised feedback on how you managed each different part of the test and how you can improve, as well as feedback on your language and, specifically, which aspects of your language you need to work on in order to achieve your goal score
What you will not get: An IELTS score or estimated IELTS score – sorry, that’s what the IELTS test is for!
How to ensure a seamless experience
We care about the privacy of our customers and our staff. We also want to ensure that customers enjoy a positive experience that provides them with valuable feedback to improve their IELTS score. To support this, we ask all customers to read, understand and adhere to the SpeakREADY House Rules.
All Speak Ready sessions are audio and video recorded for quality control and internet safety purposes.
Please note that the booking for SpeakREADY test can be made until 10 DAYS before the test date.
Your IELTS test assessment expert is not allowed to:
- Share her/his personal details or last name
- Award an IELTS score
- Extend your SpeakREADY session beyond 30 minutes
- Cut your SpeakREADY session short
- Ask you for your personal details, including phone number or other contact details
- Show you pictures or videos
- Swear, act rudely or treat you with disrespect
- Abuse in any form of words or deeds
If you have any concerns about the IELTS test assessment expert’s behavior during the SpeakREADY session, please contact: IELTS.SpeakReady@britishcouncil.org
SpeakREADY sessions are recorded, and any reported concerns will be followed up on.
SpeakREADY candidates should not:
- Share personal information with the IELTS test expert during the SpeakREADY sessions: NEVER share your last name, identity card or passport information, phone number, email address or any other information than can identify you personally.
- Take photographs or make recordings (audio or video) of the SpeakREADY sessions.
- Share any photographs or recordings (audio or video) of the SpeakREADY sessions with anyone, including on social media.
- Use the SpeakREADY name or logo for any purpose.
- Show photographs, videos or any other objects during the SpeakREADY session.
- Ask for an IELTS score or for confidential information about the IELTS test.
- Ask for the IELTS test expert’s full-name or contact details.
- Ask the IELTS test expert any personal questions.
- Swear, act rudely or treat the IELTS test expert with disrespect.
- Abuse in any form of words or deeds.
Terms & Conditions – 50% OFF ON IELTS SpeakREADY FOR THE BRITISH COUNCIL IELTS REGISTERED CANDIDATES
- The SpeakREADY mock speaking test priced at INR 1500/- is being offered to the British Council IELTS registered candidates at a special 50% discount i.e. INR 750/-.
- This offer is valid from 1st October 2020 to 31st March 2021.
- In case, the candidate decides to take a refund for the IELTS exam, post taking the mock speaking test, then INR 750/- will be deducted from the IELTS registration fee.
- If the candidate mentions an incorrect IELTS registration no., the mock test will not be scheduled and the fee of INR 750/- for SpeakREADY mock speaking test shall be forfeited.
- The discount for SpeakREADY will only be valid if the candidate has registered only with British Council for IELTS.
- Please note that the candidates are eligible for a 50% discount on the SpeakREADY mock speaking test only if they have registered and paid for the IELTS test with the British Council between 1st October 2020 and 31st March 2021.