BRITISH COUNCIL CUSTOMERS! GRAB YOUR PHONE, LAPTOP OR DIGITAL CAMERA, BECAUSE THIS VIDEO CONTEST IS FOR YOU
We have loved our association with you. And for you too, there must have been that one moment, that one customer service executive, that one teacher, that one book, that one event that made you feel special, that delighted you!
Share a 30 second video in your own words describing ‘your best British Council moment – #myBritishCouncil’, post it on Facebook and stand a chance to win an annual package of our British Council services.
GUIDELINES ON HOW TO ENTER #MYBRITISHCOUNCIL VIDEO CONTEST
How to Enter: 30 sec video contest on your most special British Council experience with the hashtag #myBritishCouncil on the English in India - British Council Facebook page or search @EnglishInIndia. Make sure you include your full name in the video and make sure that you ‘Like’ our Facebook Page and ‘share’ with as many people as possible. Additionally, please ensure that you video has a public privacy setting so that we can view the video.
Prize: The winner receives an online library membership for a whole year worth 1,100 INR, a British Council English course of your choice and exclusive access to our Arts events.
Deadline: The contest is open from Friday 07 October to Sunday 23 October only. Hurry!
Winning Criteria: You will be assessed on the following in order of priority:
- The key message in relation to your British Council experience
- Quality of video production including duration of 30 seconds
- The number of shares and likes on your video
- Single person versus Group: There is only one video winner, therefore, please make it clear who the lead contester is.
- Entry fee: There is no fee, all are welcome to submit entries without any cost incurred. Please note that, we will not pay for any costs incurred on your side as a result of you entering into this competition.
- Quality: Most of you will be uploading from your mobile devices, therefore ensure that it is set at the highest quality.
- Timing: Please ensure that your total duration of your video does not exceed more than 30 seconds.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Story line: The following are tips for you to succeed and you do not have to follow them to win. To get you started, think about your story, either write down or sketch out what your key message is.
Copyright: Avoid content which has copyright, the most common example would be music tracks. Avoid commercial music soundtracks as background music. Where possible try to use royalty-free soundtracks or stock music/sounds which come preloaded on your mobile or application device.
Editing: There are lots of editing apps for mobile devices which are freely available on both iOS and Android platform. Try Splice which is an easy mobile editing app. If you have an iOS device, iMovie is a good app supported well across Apple devices.
Even more tips: If you want more tips on creating videos, especially on mobile devices, check out MobileMovieMaking.
For full Terms and Conditions please take a look at the PDF below.
Have any further questions? Send us a message on Facebook.com/EnglishInIndia