The Becoming a Better Teacher: Exploring Professional Development is a free online six week course starting on 24 April 2017. It which will help you to build your skills and learn more about different routes to professional development.
Join a community of others working in education, share your experiences and grow as a teacher. This is professional development designed to help you respond to your needs and is accessible to everyone whatever resources are available in their setting.
Who is the course for?
This course has been specifically designed for the needs of teachers in India, particularly those teaching in English or who teach English as a subject. However, it is also relevant for teachers from around the world, in similar contexts.
By the end of this MOOC, teachers – especially those working in or through English – will be better able to:
- think about their personal beliefs about teaching, learning and professional development
- answer the question ‘what is successful professional development?’
- use reflective skills to identify and develop aspects of their professional learning and practice
- apply a range of tools and strategies to reflect on and improve teaching and learning
- create their own professional development plans
- interact with and learn from other teachers through communities of practice.
This online course is broken into simple steps and will help you develop your reflective skills and improve classroom practice. It includes short video interviews with experienced teachers and activities, discussions and quizzes.
You will be guided through the course by the British Council and UCL Institute of Education tutors, and you can share your experiences and opinions with other English language teachers from across India and around the world.
Use the hashtag #FLBetterTeachers to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course.