This British Council program will help English language teachers understand and plan their own professional development needs and share their experience with other teachers around the world.
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) for Educators
Language Assessment in the Classroom
Improve your knowledge of and skills in language assessment. By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Identify the basic principles involved in reliable and valid test design.
- Demonstrate an understanding of different types of tests and how they can be used.
- Evaluate assessment needs of students within a given context.
- Explain some practical techniques for assessing different language skills and knowledge.
English in Early Childhood: Language Learning and Development
Discover how very young children learn English as an additional language and how you can help them progress.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Investigate how children learn and how they acquire language.
- Discuss the importance of play and look at language development opportunities.
- Reflect on ways to communicate effectively with young children.
- Demonstrate the connection between learning and a child’s well-being.
- Explore meaningful learning and developing language in context.
- Identify ways to support and challenge children, and measure their progress.