Freelance copy editors and proof readers
The English Partnerships unit of the British Council is looking for copy editors and proof readers to work on a freelance basis.
|Closing date||Tuesday, 15 July 2014|
Applicants would be required to edit and proof read a range of materials in accordance with the standards and style specified in the British Council style guide.
Materials would include
- Training materials.
- Research reports and publications.
- Marketing and communication materials (advertising materials, newsletters, web text, print-ready files, film or radio scripts, voice-over scripts etc.).
The applicant should have:
- a first degree in any subject.
- experience of producing professional quality copy to brief and deadline for different audiences.
- experience of rewriting user-generated content to professional standards.
- excellent standard of written English.
- excellent proof-reading skills and experience.
How to apply
Those interested should send in their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 15 July 2014. Mark the email ‘Freelance Copy Editor’.
Applications must include a resume and specify charges for copy editing per 300 words and for proof reading per 300 words.
Shortlisted candidates will be sent a 1,000 word sample to edit as part of the final selection process.
Only candidates selected for freelance work will receive a reply. No telephone enquiries will be entertained.