Stories matter. They matter a lot. They can make us laugh and cry. They can educate us, persuade us and entertain us. They can bring us together and create shared experiences, like scattered pieces of cloth stitched together to craft a beautiful quilt.
National Tell a Story Day is observed in Scotland and the UK on 27 October 2016. It celebrates story-telling of all kinds. As a part of this celebration, we are conducting a story writing competition for children to encourage budding writers and storytellers.
It gives me great pleasure to invite your child to participate in the competition.
Categories and theme
5 to 8 years: Fairy tales
9 to 13 years: Mythology
Prize: Best two stories in each category will be published in the British Council Library newsletter
Terms and Conditions
- The competition will run from 1 October 2016 to 27 October 2016
- The competition is open to children between 5 and 13 years
- Only one entry per participant will be allowed
- The entry must be an original work created by the participant
- Stories can be in the form of pictures or words, and should not be more than 500 words
- Entries will be read and judged by British Council teachers
- Entries must be emailed to Valavan.firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com, or submitted at our customer service desk
- Closing date for receipt of all entries is 27 October 2016. Winners will be announced on 15 November at the British Council Chennai.
- Entry is free. For more information, contact our Customer Service or call us on 8939831722/8939831721