As part of our ongoing ‘India/UK Together Season of Culture’, it is our pleasure to invite you to this event to mark the International Mother Language Day.
Through a moderated panel discussion, we will explore the interplay of cultural understanding and linguistic diversity while raising awareness and support for endangered languages and language education. The panellists will also be interacting with guests, followed by an audio-visual live performance featuring musicians from the Biate tribe of Assam in collaboration with Vinayak^a.
Panel discussion: Promoting cultural diversity: Mother languages in arts and education
- Esha Chatterjee, Bee books
- Parismita Singh, Pratham Education Foundation
- Akshatha Shetty, Co-Founder- Rest Of My Family
Live performance by The Coven Code Collective featuring:
- Esther (AKA E), a DJ, currently playing Hip-hop, grime, UK Garage, DNB, Bass heavy and Trap in her sets.
- Vijeyeta who plays a variety of genres ranging from Jazz, World, Afrobeat, Footwork to Indian Classical to Experimental music.
Please RSVP to attend here.