Drama and theatre are crucial to early development because children come to understand reading and writing as a holistic and meaningful communication process.
Venue: British Council, 737 Anna Salai, Chennai
Date: Saturday 22 October 2016
5 to 6 years: 10.00 a.m. to 11.30 a.m.
7 to 8 years: 11.45 a.m. to 1.45 p.m.
9 to 13 years: 2.30 p.m. to 4.30 p.m.
- Increase expressive and communicative abilities through dramatic representation of thoughts / ideas
- Help overcome inhibitions in free speech and emoting
- Be more creative, attentive and enjoy interactions with other children of a similar age
- Brainstorm ideas in preparation of performing an expressive piece/character, either solo or in a group.
- Sequence the story in preparation for the act, based on the outcome of the brainstorming
- Using speech and expressions in colouring the scene/character
Trainer’s Profile: Mekha Rajan has many years of experience as a theatre/film actor and has led groups of adults and children in theatre exercises, singing, storytelling and poetry reading. She has also done grooming and etiquette sessions for corporates and for ladies groups as well.
Workshop fee: INR 350 (Platinum & Corporate membership)
INR 500 (Other membership categories)
INR 800 (Non-members)
Seats limited to 25 participants. Early applications will receive priority.
For registration and more details please contact Valavan at 8939831722 or email@example.com