Inviting applications for a Action Research Project focussing on assessment
GL Education is offering three teachers the opportunity to participate in action research projects using formative assessments.GL Education has been providing schools around the world with assessments to support teaching and learning for 35 years.
Assessments that can be used in an action research project are:
CAT4: Measures the potential & ability of students helping to identify gifted students, learning preferences and develop personalised learning and set examination targets.
PASS: Measures students “attitudes to learning” helping identify barriers and allow interventions to take place.
New Group Reading Test: Provides standardised data allowing students reading progress to be measured.
Possible Action Research projects:
- How to differentiate learning in a classroom using feedback generated from data and assessments.
- Do negative “attitudes to learning” prevent students’ success?
- Do spatial (STEM) learners reach their potential?
- How can aptitude data across a school be used to support teaching and learning?
(Or suggest your own!)
• Interest in using assessments to support teaching and learning
• Access to computers to deliver on-line assessments
• Availability to attend a training workshop in Delhi on Tuesday 8th September 2015
For more information & videos on the CAT4, PASS and NGRT assessments visit
• Click here to complete application form. The deadline to register is Friday, 7th August 2015.
• Selected candidates will be invited for a Skype interview
Note: GL Education will provide digital assessments (CAT4, PASS, NGRT at no cost to the teachers for use in their action research projects.
Connecting Classrooms is a global education programme for schools offered in India jointly by the British Council and UKaid. It is designed to help young people learn about global themes and become responsible global citizens, as well as give them the skills to work in a worldwide economy. It offers school partnerships and accreditation along with professional development courses for educators and a chance for them to share best practice with international counterparts.