Academic calendar 2015
||27 Apr to 15 May
||21 May to 08 Jul
||14 Jul to 06 Sep
||07 Sep to 30 Oct
||03 Nov to 22 Dec
Level test and Course registration process:
Step 1: Book your level test appointment
To book a level test appointment in Chennai visit: https://bookeo.com/elcchn-britishcouncil
Step 2: Your level test
On the day of your appointment, allow up to 90 minutes for the level test. Please ensure you arrive at least 30 mins prior your appointment time with a valid government photo id. Your test will consist of a pre-test for 10 minutes followed by a written test for 60 minutes and will end with a speaking test with one of our teachers who will also guide you with the course option(s) suited to your level and requirements based on your test results.
Step 3: Course registration
We offer various course timings to suit every need. We advise you to register as soon as you can to confirm your place on the course since early applicants will receive priority.
* As with other organisations and institutions, we are closed on some holidays. All classes which fall on a public holiday will be made up to ensure that the syllabus is still covered.
Public holiday closing dates in 2015
- 15 August, Saturday – Independence day
- 17 September, Thursday – Ganesh Chaturthi
- 02 October, Friday – Gandhi Jayanthi
- 22 October, Thursday – Ayudha Puja
- 23 December, Wednesday – Centre closed
- 24 December, Thursday – Centre closed
- 25 December, Friday – Christmas
- 26 December, Saturday – Boxing day