1. This ‘50% fee waive off lucky draw contest’ ("Draw") is being run/organized by the British Council Division, British High Commission, 17, K. G. Marg, New Delhi, India (hereinafter referred to as the “BritishCouncil”).
2. The Draw is open to all Indian citizens and foreign citizens residing in India aged 18 and above and should have firm contractual capacity. Only one entry per person is allowed. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are also not allowed.
3.The promotion period for the Draw begins from 11 October 2018 and ending on 30 November 2018, both dates inclusive ("Promotion Period"). Entries received after the end of the Promotion Period shall not be entertained and shall be considered ineligible for the Contest.
4.An individual (“Person / Persons”) shall be entitled to a chance to win the Draw provided thathe/she has participatedin the lucky draw by renewing their British Council’s library membership within the Promotion Period.
5.The Persons doing online renewal transaction within the Promotion Period on https://www.britishcouncil.in/libraryare also eligible to participate in the Draw.
6. Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions, this Draw is not open to the employees of the British Council or their immediate family members and anyone directly connected with the conduct of this Draw.Further, this Draw is not open for renewal or subscription to a new institutional membership.
7. A Person shall not pay any sum/charges/fees (other than the fees payable for renewal of membership of the British Council’s library) for participating in the Draw. This Draw shall be treated as a promotional activity of the British Council in respect of its library services.
8.The Draw will be conducted during the Promotion Period on a daily basis at 2:00 PM (or on such other date or time or at such other venue as may be determined by the British Council) and one (01) eligible Person will be selected as the winner at random and on the basis of the lucky draw from the list of renewed members during the Promotion Period, by such means and methods (which will be computerized) as the British Councilmay determine and shall be final and binding on all the Persons participating in the Draw. The British Council reserves the right to draw reserve winners in order to replace any winner subsequently found to be disqualified.
9. The Draw will be conducted at the office of the British Council at New Delhi. There will be one winner announced per day so cumulatively there will be 21 winners. Each winner (one per day) will be entitled to 50% off on the renewal fees paid by the winner. The winner(s)shall not deny the signing of any receipt, affidavit, indemnity, agreement(s) and/or document(s) if required by the British Council at the time of receipt of the offer.
10.The winner will be notified by email/ telephone (to his/her respective email address or contact number as per the records of the British Council) within seven (07) working days from the date of the Draw. The winners must confirm their acceptance of the prize immediately with the British Council. If British Council does not receive a confirmation of acceptance from the selected winners within five (05) working days from the date of initial contact made by the British Council, the original selected winner(s) shall be disqualified and the next eligible alternate winner(s) shall be selected as the prize winner(s). If the prize remains unclaimed for three (03) months from the date of the Draw, it shall be forfeited by British Council.
12.If any Person is subsequently discovered to be not entitled or ineligible to participate in the Draw or ineligible to receive the prize, the British Council reserves the right to forfeit/reclaim the prize at its sole discretion and confer the same on any other Person as may be selected by the BritishCouncil in any manner as the BritishCouncil deems fit. No Person in any case whatsoever shall be entitled to any payment or compensation from the British Council should any prize be forfeited.
13. The British Council may at its sole discretion substitute or replace any prize with any other prize of equal or similar value (in kind) selected by it, without any prior notice, subject to any applicable law. Unless otherwise indicated by British Council, all prizes shall be non-transferable, non-negotiable and shall not be exchangeable for cash or for any other item.The British Council accepts no responsibility for any tax or other liability that may arise from such prize winnings.
14.The winner agrees to co-operate with and participate in any advertising or publicity activities of the British Council relating to the Draw and agrees that the British Council may publicise the name and/or photograph of each winnerin such mode and manner as the British Council considers fit.No claims whatsoever can be made against the British Council for such use by the British Council of the name and/or photograph of the winner(s). By participating in the Draw, the winner is deemed to have consented to any publicity which may be generated as a result of the Draw, and use on any marketing material and in any media at any time, including use of the winner's name, picture and basic information in all related marketing and publicity promotion.The Persons shall not, without the prior written approval of British Council, speak to the press or any other media nor give any interviews or comments relating to the Draw.
15. Without prejudice to these terms and conditions, all Persons part of the Draw expressly and irrevocably permit and authorize the British Council to disclose, reveal and divulge information regarding their particulars to the parties involved in organising, promoting and conducting the Draw, for the purposes of the Draw.
16. The British Council’s decision on all matters relating to this Draw will be at its absolute discretion and will be final and binding on all the Persons. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any brochure, marketing or promotional material relating to the Draw, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
17.The British Council reserves the right at its absolute discretion to terminate or cancel this Draw or vary, delete or add to any of these terms and conditions from time to time without notice including without limitation, the eligibility of any Person, the basis and methods of identification of the winners and the dates of the Draw.
18.All taxes, levies and duties, if any, due and owing under applicable and statutory laws in connection with the prizes, and all other costs and taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
19.The British Council shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising in connection with the Draw, including any act or omission relating to any Person's participation howsoever caused, any error in computing the Draw, any breakdown or malfunction of any computer system or equipment and any notice which is misdirected or lost in the post.
20. Each winner releases the British Council and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, or damages, including any third party claims, arising from or relating to, in whole or in part, this Draw or the possession, use, misuse of, or inability to use the prize.
21.The British Council shall not be responsible if the email address or contact number of a winner is incorrect or if the winner is unavailable at the email address or contact number despite reasonable attempts being made to inform him/her.
22.By entering the Draw, the Person agrees to have read all the terms and conditions mentioned herein and are in acceptance of the same. The Person further agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material accompanying the Draw. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of India and the Person who is part of the Draw irrevocably submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Delhi.