The ELTons are the British Council international awards that recognise and celebrate excellence in innovation in English language teaching (ELT) worldwide. Now in their seventeenth year, the British Council’s ELTons Innovation Awards are open for applications from English language teaching professionals – educators, writers, authors, publishers and project managers – around the world.
Applications for the prestigious international awards will be accepted across one of the following awards categories:
- Excellence in course innovation – Courses using a fresh variety of content, formats or media, to help learners achieve stretching levels of English language proficiency.
- Innovation in teacher resources – Resources supporting English language teaching professionals, whether through teacher training, education, or continuing professional development.
- Innovation in learner resources – Services, activities, materials or works using innovative means to improve English language learners' proficiency in vocabulary, grammar, fluency, receptive and productive skills, or vital language skills for study, life and/or work.
- Digital innovation – Use of digital technology or media – cutting edge technologies, or original use of existing technology – to benefit high-quality English language learning.
- Local innovation in partnership with Cambridge Assessment English – Resources or projects innovating to meet specific, local needs, within local, national or regional contexts around the world.
The deadline for applications is Friday 2 November 2018, midnight (UK time).