The pre-departure events include useful information on important aspects about studying and living in the UK. They also include a presentation by the Visa office and interactive sessions with invited UK alumni.
The topics of discussion are listed below:
- student visas
- travelling to the UK and local travel in the UK
- your first few days in the UK
- student welfare facilities at your institution
- financial planning, student bank accounts
- new mobile phone connections
- cultural differences
These pre-departure briefings are held in the month of June-July each year for students with offers from UK institutions.