A Skills study tour and policy dialogue was organised by the British Council on the theme,
‘How important is enterprise training to job creation? Embedding enterprise in Technical and Vocational Education’ from 7th–9th March 2017 in Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
The aim was to explore the differing approaches to entrepreneurship training within the wider international skills agenda by drawing on the expertise and varied perspectives of entrepreneurs, government officials and representatives from the education sector.
This event introduced delegates to the current UK and Global thinking on the role that enterprise and entrepreneurial training has in a wider skills agenda. The seminar addressed key issues such as: should enterprise training be part of, or additional to technical training; access to finance; the role of mentoring; reaching disadvantaged groups and the role of different stakeholders. It provided a range of views from business, government and education and had visits to businesses, innovation hubs and colleges. The list of delegates who attended this seminar can be found in the downloads section below.
The study tour and policy dialogue was of good interest to:
- Government and private stakeholders from skills, entrepreneurship and vocational education sector
- Industry or education stakeholders who are seeking to understand best practice in equipping trainees with enterprise skills and those engaged with entrepreneurism as a policy priority.
The study tour featured:
- Business Visits
- Entrepreneurial hub visits
- College visits
- UK Stakeholder Dinner
We addressed key issues, including:
- Should enterprise training be included within or additional to technical training?
- The part played by mentoring
- Means of reaching disadvantaged groups
- The roles of policy frameworks and different stakeholders
- Equipping learners with the skills needed for the 21st century
Visits to Scottish colleges, innovation hubs and businesses will also be incorporated into the event.
Highlights of the programme included:
- Visits to leading practitioners who have delivered impactful programmes
- Expert speakers from the government, businesses and education institutions
- Interactive workshops with the chance to meet stakeholders working in the sector
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED NOW
For details, please send an email to email@example.com