|Applying directly to British Council||Applying through an Ambassador School||Government / NGO run schools (which are free for children)|
|Foundation Certificate||Rs. 8,000||Rs. 8,000||Rs. 8,000|
|Intermediate Certificate||Rs. 19,500||Rs. 17,500||Rs. 15,000|
|International School Award||Rs. 35,000||Rs. 30,000||Rs. 25,000|
What does the registration fee cover?
The registration fee entitles the school to support provided by the British Council in the following ways:
- ISA kit and one-day face to face Action Planning workshop
- Assessment of the Action Plan and recommendations.
- One day face-to-face mid-year review and Portfolio guidance meeting (only for Intermediate level and British Council International School Award)
- Access to resources and online community on British Council Schools Online website: Portfolio assessment and recommendations.
- A celebratory Award Ceremony and associated workshop for successful schools.
- Priority placement for headteacher or senior teacher on Leadership training course during the year of application.
The registration fee does not cover the travel or accommodation costs for individual participants for briefings/workshops.
It is important to note that the payment of registration fee does not automatically entitle a school to the different Certificate levels or the ISA accreditation, which is granted after rigorous assessment. Schools cannot claim the Award on the ground of payment of the registration fee. In case the school is unable to get the ISA in the first assessment year, no fee will be charged for a second attempt. Thereafter, a fresh registration will be needed.