India Design study tour to develop partnerships
The study tour provided a bird’s eye view of the Design education provision in the UK. 'Very useful, extremely enjoyable, a little bit rushed', said one of the participating delegates. A major outcome of the study tour is it will help define the brief for his upcoming new campus, building (hardware to support the new software) - architecture for interdisciplinary architecture to cater to different types of students in the future.
Another delegate mentioned that he already had some on-going partnerships with the UK universities; however he found this trip very useful as he could identify common areas for research, e.g. Design Innovation, Design Research, etc. with UK universities and also connect with practitioners as well as the Victoria and Albert Museum. He volunteered to organise an Indo-UK Design collaborative event back in India, Ahmedabad, wherein both the UK and Indian delegations are welcome to participate, deliberate on various topics for the benefit of design students across India.
The Indian delegation mostly deans and senior faculty members with diverse expertise and interest represented the following institutions
1. National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
2. Ambedkar University’s School of Design, Delhi
3. DJ Academy of Coimbatore
4. Srishti School of Art, Design and Technology, Bangalore and
5. Shiv Nadar University, Delhi.
The purpose of the study tour was to share best practices in design education, practice and research and explore opportunities for collaboration between the Indian and UK institutions.
The UK institutions they visited were
1. Glasgow School of Art
2. Manchester Metropolitan School of Art
3. Birmingham Institute of Art and Design
4. Central St Martins, University of Arts London and
5. Royal College of Arts, London
A study tour is being organised under Knowledge Economy Partnership programme wherein a nine members delegation from Panjab University; PEC University of Technology; Center of Innovative and Applied Bio-processing, Mohali; Dr. S.S. Bhatnagar University Institute of Chemical Engineering & Technology; and Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) will be visiting UK to discuss and develop international academic and research collaborations.
Aims and objectives:
- Delegates meet their counterparts face to face for better understanding and appreciation of institutional partnerships and identify potential areas for collaboration.
- Explore research collaborations in specific areas of science and technology.
- Understand the role and functioning of Research Training centres and explore possibilities for offering graduate courses.
- Explore partnerships with UK universities for Centre for Policy Research in Industry-academia collaboration.
- Explore partnership of Chandigarh Region Innovation and Knowledge Cluster (CRIKC) institutions with the UK universities with a view to form a professional network of Indian and UK experts
For more information kindly contact Ms Ashima Gupta, Project Manager, Programmes at email@example.com or +91 (0) 11 4149 7467