We commission and carry out research in the field of English language teaching and learning; higher education policies and its market; and issues faced by young people in India, and make these available for researchers, academics and policy makers.
Our research and publications
Raising English Language Standards
Higher Education Market Intelligence
- High University Enrolment, Low Graduate Employment: Analysing the paradox in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka
- Higher Education in South Asia: Trends in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka
- Skills Development in South Asia: Trends in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka
- Understanding India: The future of higher education and opportunities for international cooperation
The above listed reports can be read here
5. The Indian States: Opportunities for International Higher Education Collaboration. It can be read here
6. Inside India - a new status quo published by British Council Education Intelligence is available on this link
7. A Comparative analysis: Challenges and opportunities for large higher education systems - you can access this report from our downloads section towards the bottom of the page. You can also download country reports on higher education system of the UK, India, US, Nigeria, Indonesia, Russia, Pakistan, China and Brazil from the same section.
Research on Social Enterprise Policy Landscape in India
Read the Research report on Social Enterprise Policy Landscape in India here
Research on Young People
Youth Leadership and Global Citizenship report can be accessed on this link
Research on Skills Sector
The British Council and ILO have commissioned a joint discussion paper on Skills Assessment in India. The discussion paper seeks to highlight both the importance and the challenges facing the implementation of third party competence based assessment, which is a critical for ensuring quality in India’s rapid growing Skill Development sector. The research was conducted by the Research Base and the report was completed in August 2014.
You can access the report from our downloads section towards the bottom of the page.
Research in the arts
Re-Imagine Museums: UK-India Opportunities and Partnerships. You can download the report from here
Research on School Sector
The report Indian School Education System – An Overview, gives an overall picture of the vast and continuously changing landscape of the Indian school education system. It aims to inform the readers of various facets of the school education system in the country. This report, apart from the facts and figures, captures the progress of the country since Independence in the field of education. It covers main government initiatives since independence, and also provides a comparative study of the major Indian national boards of school education with global ones such as the International Baccalaureate and the Cambridge International Examinations.