Library members in Chennai and Delhi can now avail our online book ordering and pickup service.
As part of the service, you will be able to pre-select your favourite books from our physical collection and collect them from the British Council Library at the given date and time.
- Once your order is ready, you’ll receive an SMS and email asking you to collect your pack from the British Council Library’s security gate.
- Collections can be made from Monday to Saturday from 10.00 a.m. till 5.00 p.m. Please adhere to the time slot shared with you for the pickup and drop-off.
- You can cancel the order within 24 hours of booking with us. No cancellation requests will be accepted after that.
- Please bring your membership card and a carry bag when you come to collect your order. No carry bags will be provided by the British Council.
- You can use the drop-box kept at the security gate to return the borrowed items.
- You must wear a mask, carry a hand sanitiser, and practice social distancing norms at all times.
- Borrowing period and other circulation rules will remain unchanged.
- Unable to log into your account? Reset your password by clicking on 'Forgot your password' or sending an email to IndiaLibraries@britishcouncil.org
- Individual and Family members can also use the Digital Library until we reopen. The Digital Library can now be accessed through the mobile app MyLoft. Contact IndiaLibraries@britishcouncil.org to register for the MyLoft App.
- You can email us at IndiaLibraries@britishcouncil.org for any queries.