We understand going to the library and picking up one's favourite books is an experience our members might be missing out on. So, we are resuming our online book ordering and pickup service in Delhi, Chennai and Kolkata where members can request physical books online and come to the library building at a given time to collect or return the books they've reserved or borrowed.
Please note the following:
- We encourage our members to borrow books from our libraries using the online book ordering facility during the period of library closure.
- You can avail the drop-box kept at the security gate to return the borrowed items.
- Once your order is ready, you’ll receive an email asking you to collect your pack from the British Council Library’s security gate.
- Collections can be made from Monday to Saturday from 10.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. Please adhere to the time slot shared with you for the pickup and drop of the books.
- You can cancel the order within 24 hours of booking with us. No cancellation requests will be accepted after that.
- Please bring your membership card and a carry bag when you come to collect your order. No carry bags will be provided by the British Council.
- You must wear a mask, carry a sanitiser and practise social distancing norms at all times.
- Borrowing period and other circulation rules will remain unchanged.
- To return your borrowed items, simply drop them into the drop-box at the security gate.
- Unable to log into your account? Reset your password by clicking on 'Forgot your password' or sending an email to IndiaLibraries@britishcouncil.org
- Individual and Family members can also use the Digital Library until we reopen. You can access our Digital Library using the mobile app My LOFT on your Apple and Android devices or from your member’s login page while using the browser.
- You can email us at IndiaLibraries@britishcouncil.org for any queries.
*Read the step guide in the Downloads section below for further guidance on placing an online book order.