You’ve probably heard of tongue twisters before: they’re those knotty phrases which are too tricky to say without tripping over yourself. We’ve compiled some of the best tongue twisters in the UK and India to celebrate International Tongue Twister Day on November 13th. Have a go and tweet us the hardest tongue twister you can think of this #tonguetwisterday!
Popular Tongue Twisters in English
- I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
- She sells sea shells sea shells on the sea shore
- Red bulb blue blub red bulb blue bulb
- She said she should sit
- Do you stock short socks with spots in your shop?
- Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked. If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
Popular Tongue Twisters in Hindi
- Kachcha papad, pakka papad
- Peetal ki patili mein papeeta paka
- Khadak Singh ke khadakane se khadakati hain khidkiyan, khidkiyon ke khadakane se khadakata hai Khadak Singh
- Ek ooncha oont hai, Poochh oonchi oont ki. Poochh se bhi oonchi kya, Peeth oonchi oont ki
More reading on tongue twisters from the LIBRARY catalogue: