Generation UK-India is a programme that aims to build collaboration, engagement and trust between the UK and India. The British Council is working with partners to support up to 25,000 young people and professionals from the UK to gain experience in India by 2020.
This programme will:
- promote India as a destination to gain study and work experience
- offer mutually beneficial placements that will give young people from the UK the chance to develop employability skills and support the internationalisation of Indian companies and academic institutions
- create links that will be the basis for future collaboration
- build a network of talented and ambitious young people from the UK who will form a future workforce ready to work with India and Indian companies
- build deeper, wider and stronger understanding between India and the UK
WHAT IS ON OFFER FOR INDIAN ORGANISATIONS?
You could host a UK student at your Higher Education institution, bring a talented intern into your company or recruit a teaching assistant to bring international education alive for your pupils.
We can also support with the development of partnerships between UK and Indian institutions or help your company meet Corporate Social Responsibility targets as part of Generation UK-India. The British Council and its partners will support you with advice, guidance and training.
- By getting involved you will get the chance to:
- engage with the UK
- build contacts for future collaboration
- host talented and ambitious young people from the UK and introduce different ideas and ways of working or studying to your institution
- build your name and brand with a UK audience
Find out more about hosting a young person from the UK:
WHAT IS ON OFFER FOR YOUNG PEOPLE FROM THE UK?
We are working with Indian institutions to offer
- Cultural immersion placements
- Study placements
- Teaching assistantships
- Work placements
In addition to offering placements, we aim to increase engagement with India by
- highlighting the benefits of gaining experience in India
- offering advice, guidance and training to individuals interested in pursuing opportunities
- creating a network of alumni to inspire further participation
- supporting institutions to develop new and existing placements in India for students
To find out more information and to be kept updated on the launch of applications sign up on our Study Work Create website.
WHAT IS ON OFFER FOR UK HIGHER AND FURTHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS?
If you are Higher or Further Education institution in the UK and want to find out more about participating and supporting Generation UK-India please visit our IHE website.
Generation UK-India so far
This year we have supported 500 placements in India. Teaching assistants have inspired school pupils across the country whilst on our cultural immersion placements, students, graduates and entrepreneurs have gained a deeper understanding of Indian society, education, technology and economy. We have also offered reflection sessions at the British Council in India for UK university groups visiting the country.
Follow the journeys of the first cohort of participants via #genukindia.
The British Council is a partner for change around the world. We value working with other organisations to deliver innovative and exciting programmes.
If you are interested in partnering with us to fund, deliver or promote Generation UK-India, contact us for further information.