16 - 17 February 2017, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
The Centre for Policy Research in Higher Education (CPRHE) of the National University of Educational Planning and Administration (NUEPA), New Delhi and the British Council India are jointly organising an International Seminar on Innovations in Financing of Higher Education on 16 and 17 February 2017. The seminar will bring together educationists and policymakers from different countries.
This dialogue will:
- Discuss the changing role of the state and market in financing higher education in different countries.
- Discuss experience of different countries in adopting innovative measures in mobilisation of additional resources to finance higher education.
- Identify best practices to explore possibilities of mobilizing non-state resources for higher education.
- State, market and financing of higher education
- Privatization of public institutions and cost-recovery measures
- Private higher education institutions
- Entrepreneurial universities
- Public-private partnerships for higher education financing
- Student support systems
- External funding in higher education
- New financial instruments for sustainable innovative financing
The insights and analysis presented in the Seminar will provide critical understanding of the issues and challenges in financing higher education. The seminar will help:
- develop common understanding on innovative methods of financing of higher education and their implications for participating countries
- bring out a publication based on the papers presented in the seminar and
- promote research and network of individuals and institutions engaged in the area of innovative methods of financing higher education
The International Seminar will bring together key experts, policy-makers and policy analysts from across the world. Around 100 delegates from different countries and from India are expected to participate in the seminar. The participants will be a mix of academics, researchers, administrators and policy-makers of higher education institutions.
UK Speakers: Prof Moses Oketch, Prof Claire Callender, Prof Gill Wyness
For more information, write to Garima Verma.