The British Council has more than 75 years’ experience teaching and testing English. We have more than 500 test locations around the world. We have helped people in more than 90 countries to assess their English language proficiency which helps them to make the most of their opportunities in life. That’s a lot of experience, and it means that if you take an English language test with us, you can be confident that you’ll be well looked after.
FIVE REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD TAKE IELTS WITH THE BRITISH COUNCIL IN INDIA:
- Expert support: from videos and books to online interactive courses, you have access to the best preparation materials to help you do well in your test
- Free resources: Road to IELTS is the British Council’s popular online preparation course. When you register for an IELTS test with us you also get access to 30 hours of free training.
- Convenient test dates, locations, and venues: we offer frequent tests a month at 42 locations across India. This means that you have a huge range of options for where and when you can take your test.
- Easy booking: you can book your IELTS test online or at our centres or our partners across the country and take advantage of flexible payment options.
- Fast results: you will be able to see your results online within just 13 days of the date you take your test.
**IELTS is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment
Visit IELTS website for more information.
The British Council aims to ensure that every candidate is treated fairly and objectively and that they are given optimum conditions to take their exams. We can make arrangements to accommodate requirements for candidates with special needs. The special arrangements available depend on the examination board. You will normally need to provide a medical certificate issued within the last two years.
If you are thinking of taking an exam and need special arrangements, please contact us to discuss your special needs as soon as possible.