We depend on the Earth so we better start taking care of it. It is important for children to know more about conservation to make them realise how our world is changing and to get into good environmentally friendly habits sooner rather than later. We are organizing a workshop for children to raise awareness among them about the importance of planet conservation.
Workshop: Planet Buddy and Me
Spark your kids’ creativity while teaching them the principles of conservation. Be a leader in your community and do what you can to reduce the misuse and overuse of our natural resources
Venue: British Council, 737 Anna Salai, Chennai
Date: Saturday 11 June 2016
5 to 8 years: 10:00 a.m. to 12 p.m.
9 to 11 years: 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
12 to 15 years: 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• In this fun hands-on workshop, participants will have better understanding on planet conservation efforts
• They will learn how to help save our planet by using recycled materials to create something new
• It will help them to be a socially responsible participant with broader exposure
• They will learn how their individual actions affect the environment
• Participants are introduced to the concepts of environment conservation, social communication, and planet livelihood
• It will cover the skills such as public speaking, creative thinking and execution, team dynamics and creative arts for conservation awareness
• They will use the recycled materials to create something new
Trainer’s Profile: Arun Krishnamurthy is an Indian environmental activist who has initiated a campaign for cleaning various lakes across India. He is known for founding the NGO Environmentalist Foundation of India. He has received British Council International Climate Champion Excellence Award in 2010, Google Alumni Impact Award in 2011, Jane Goodall Institute Global Youth Leadership Award, 2010.
Workshop fee: INR 350 (Platinum & Corporate membership)
INR 500 (Other membership categories)
INR 800 (Non-members)
Seats limited to 25 participants
For registration and more details please contact Susan Chettri at 8939831721 or firstname.lastname@example.org