Reading is an important skill that needs to be developed in children. Not only is it necessary for the survival in the world of schools and universities, but in adult life as well. The more children read, the better they become at reading. The more enjoyable the things they read are, the more they’ll stick. So we are organising a workshop for children to develop their reading skills.
Venue: British Council, 737 Anna Salai, Chennai
Date: Saturday, 27 August 2016
5 to 8 years: 1000 to 1200
9 to 15 years: 1230 to 1430
- It will raise the children’s confidence and self-esteem to read. And most importantly, they have fun!
- This session will inspire children to read for fun, pleasure and personal achievement.
- Participants will develop their interest in books and desire to be a reader. It will enable them to do the fluent reading
- Participants will be put together in small groups for various reading activities
- The read-aloud activity to model appropriate reading behaviours and reading strategies
- It focuses on a skill, strategy, or behaviour that will help students become strategic reader
- Participants will spend time engaged in independent reading.
Workshop fee: INR 350 (Platinum & Corporate membership)
INR 500 (Other membership categories)
INR 800 (Non-members)
Seats limited to 25 participants. Early applicants will receive priority.
For registration and details please contact Susan Chettri at 8939831721, or write to firstname.lastname@example.org