This exciting seminar provides an opportunity for us to explore, learn and share thinking around the role of a mentor and what this means when supporting teacher researchers. During this seminar you will experience two plenary sessions that focus on two key areas: mentoring and classroom-based research. We will also host a panel discussion where experienced mentors will share their mentoring journey and learning.The current cohort of mentors in the Aptis Action Research Mentoring Scheme (AARMS) will present their experience of mentoring first time teacher researchers navigating the initial stages of their classroom-based research projects.
Below is the planned programme:
- 09.30 – 10.15 Plenary session: Mentoring teacher researchers by Dr Rama Mathew and Jemima Hughes
- 10.15 – 10.30 Coffee / tea break
- 10.30 – 12.30 Panel discussion: What can we learn from mentoring experiences? hosted by Dr Ravinarayan Chakrakodi
- 12.30 – 13.30 Lunch
- 13.30 – 14.15 Plenary session: Understanding teacher research by Dr Amol Padwad and Dr Krishna Dixit
- 14.15 – 16.15 Presentation: Working with teacher researchers: the story so far…
- 16.15 – 16.30 Coffee / tea break
Cick here to register.