About the Challenge
- The Reading Challenge encourages children to read six books for fun, pleasure and personal achievement.
- The challenge helps them explore new titles by different authors and talk about them with their friends.
- They enjoy the freedom to choose whatever they want to read.
- The element of challenge gives them an incentive to read, and a sense of achievement upon finishing them.
- Whether the child is just beginning to pick up books, or is an avid reader already, the Reading Challenge will fire up their imagination.
- What’s more, research shows children who take part get a head start in the classroom.
- They have enhanced confidence and self-esteem by completing the Challenge and receiving their medals and certificates.
Completion of challenge
Children are required to read and review at least six books during the Challenge to win a certificate and medal.
Participants will be introduced to book-review writing at the beginning of the Challenge through an interactive session with a trainer.
Reading Challenge 2016
We're delighted to announce that we will be working with Guinness World Records ™ (GWR) on this year’s Reading Challenge. The theme will be Record Breakers.
It will encourage young readers to explore some of the astonishing real-life achievements and world records featured in the GWR books as part of Reading Challenge.
GWR's mission is around inspiring, celebrating achievement and personal bests, which reflects the ethos of the Reading Challenge.
Dates, times and registration
Registrations open from 19 March 2016 at the library.
Challenge dates: 15 April 2016 – 31 May 2016
Eligibility: 5 – 8 years / 9 – 13 years
Fee: Rs.1200 per participant
Payment can be made by cash/card/cheque in favour of BRITISH COUNCIL DIVISION.
Entitlements: 1 book at a time (from an exclusive Record Breakers collection)
Please collect the welcome kit from the front desk in the library at the time of registration.
For more details, please contact 0120-4569000, 6684353 / 080-22533005 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org