Be a part of UK’s most exciting programme ‘THE READING CHALLENGE 2017’ and meet the Animal Agents, the coolest crime crackers on four paws
British Council Delhi in association with The Reading Agency, UK and the Arts Council England presents Animal Agents – Reading Challenge 2017 for children aged 5 to 13 years. The Reading Challenge is a massive reading promotion programme for children and young people in the UK. The programme is now being rolled out in over 30 countries like Spain, Thailand, Malaysia, Portugal, Kazakhstan, Singapore, Oman, Romania, France, Greece, Vietnam, Columbia, Venezuela, Sri Lanka and India.
The Reading Challenge is great fun for every child and it also gives children a real sense of achievement. What’s more, research shows children who take part get a head start in the classroom.
- They have a more enthusiastic attitude to studies and are more keen and ready to learn
- They have enhanced confidence and self-esteem by completing the Challenge and receiving their medals and certificates
HOW IT WORKS
Every child who joins the challenge has to read six books. The child will then participate in some activities based on the theme and complete the challenge. If they complete the challenge successfully, they will receive a certificate at the end of it and all exceptional performances will be rewarded with a medal and other exciting incentives.
- The essence of the Reading Challenge is ‘read a book in a week’.
- The books are divided into two categories – Younger and Older
- Books will be displayed in the library
- The younger collection is suitable for children in the age group of 5 to 8 years and the older collection for 9 to 13 years.
- Children will have to read books from the collection of books for their respective age groups. They can choose the books they want to read from a wide range of books on the theme.
- There are specially designed workshops and activities for children in the two age groups. The children will have to attend the workshops and activities designated for them.
ABOUT THE THEME – ANIMAL AGENTS
This year the Reading Challenge theme is Animal Agents, illustrated by the UK's bestselling children's illustrator Tony Ross. There's something peculiar happening at the local library - and that's where the Animal Agents come in!
The Animal Agents love solving mysteries and they need you to help them crack their biggest case yet. From solving the case of the graffiti writing to the strange case of a missing lunch, children will join in the fun with the Animal Agents by reading along.
WHAT THE CHILD GETS
- Six Book from Reading Challenge collection to read
- Reading Challenge welcome kit
- Book reviews and assessments
- Certificates of achievement from the UK Reading Agency and British Council
- Workshops on language and creative skills by British Council trainers
- Medals to successful participants on completion of the Reading Challenge
The fees per child is INR 1500 for Family members, INR 2500 for Individual, Online and Institutional members and INR 4000 for Non-members
The fee can be paid by cash/card/cheque in favour of BRITISH COUNCIL DIVISION
DATES TO REMEMBER
The programme will begin from 10 December 2017 (Sunday)
The workshops will be held every Sunday till 7 January 2018
HOW TO REGISTER
To register please contact our customer service team at 0120-4569000 or 0120-6684353 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC 1989