Managing Performance to many managers means the annual appraisal process and little else. In today’s modern and highly competitive workplace it is important for a manager to remember his or her primary responsibility – to get the best out of those they manage. Effective performance management is more than just creating a work environment that works: Effective performance management is about leadership, interpersonal relationships, constructive feedback, coaching, mentoring, counseling and teamwork.
This insightful workshop explores the core skills and attitudes needed by managers to provide support for growth and performance. It defines the requirements of a person-centred approach to building an effective team. You will find out how to coach colleagues with greater confidence and purpose; help colleagues work through emotional-related problems affecting their work using basic counselling techniques and understand the role of a mentor and identify your readiness for this.
- To build on individual experiences and understand the importance of performance management as a continuous process throughout the year.
- To focus on the critical things and apply the 5Cs to ensure performance is effectively managed.
- To learn about the core skills of coaching, counselling and learning to put them into practice.
- To understand the combination of skills, knowledge and attitudes needed by a successful mentor and also understand the process of e-mentoring prevalent in the technologically savvy modern workplace.
- To gain an insight into Performance Management Strategies that enable continually developing a capacity for optimal performance
18 and above
Members: INR 500 per participant
Non-members: INR 1200 per participant
Terms and Conditions
- Non-refundable fee is payable in full prior to the commencement of session. Payments can be made either by cash or card at the British Council customers services desk.
- If obliged to cancel an event, the British Council reserves the right to do so without further liability, subject to the return of any fee already paid.
- The schedule of the workshop is subject to change or gets cancelled.
How to Register
- To register the participant / participants, all you need to do is to visit the Customer Services Desk at the British Council, submit the session fee and register a place for yourself. You can register online as well from the link given above
- For further information about the registration process, call (+91 33) 40074341 or write to Arnisha.Dey@britishcouncil.org