Chris Riddell just won the CILIP Kate Greenaway Medal 2016 for his illustrations in Sleeper and the Spindle by Neil Gaiman, and we are celebrating it with an illustration contest for children!
Chris Riddell is known not only for his marvellous illustrations and political cartoons, but also for occasionally writing children's books. He has won the Nestlé Gold Award and three Kate Greenaway Medals. He is also the co-creator of the hugely successful New York Times bestseller The Edge Chronicles.
We are inviting children between 5 and 14 years of age to send in their illustrations based on the works of Chris Riddell.
Categories and topics:
- 5-7 years: Topic - The Emperor of Absurdia
- 8-10 years: Topic - Goth Girl and the Ghost of a Mouse
- 11-14 years: Topic - The Edge Chronicles – Beyond the Deepwoods
Last date: All entries must be submitted before 22 July 2016, 19:00 hours. Winners will be announced on 23 July 2016 at the British Council.
Terms and conditions
- The contest is open to children between 5 and 14 years
- Only one entry per participant will be allowed
- The entry must be an original artwork created by the participant
- Entry should be coloured, and created on a size A4 paper in portrait format
- Last date of submitting the entries is 22 July 2016
- A coloured, scanned copy of the entry must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, call us on 8939831721.