British Council Chandigarh is conducting a series of workshops to equip participants with effective methods, resources, practical ideas and activities that they can implement in their own classroom situations, and to direct them towards materials available to them in the British Council Library.
The details of the workshops are given below:
Workshop title: How to use British Council resources in Task Based Learning
Date and Time: Saturday 5 May 2018 10:00AM – 1:00PM
The workshop aims to:
- introduce the principles of Task Based Learning (TBL)
- consider what constitutes a 'task'
- make the participants experience doing tasks in groups
- discuss potential problems with TBL
- explore the task cycle.
Workshop title: How to use British Council resources in Continuing Professional Development
Date and Time: Saturday 12 May 2018 10:00AM – 1:00PMThe workshop aims to help participants:
- reflect on their career pathway so far
- explore the benefits of continuing your professional development
- consider and discuss a variety of courses and resources for developing professionally
- identify which of the courses and resources are the most suitable for you to pursue
- plan a course of action for your own professional development.
Workshop title: How to use British Council resources in Designing Materials and Courses
Date and Time: Saturday 19 May 2018 10:00AM – 1:00PM
The workshop aims to:
- discuss situations where designing courses and materials is necessary
- explore a suggested process of writing a course
- examine the ‘needs analysis’ stage and look at some examples of these
- consider the advantages and disadvantages of producing your own materials
- explore the key principles of materials design
- evaluate some sample materials and suggest improvements
Workshop title: How to use British Council resources in Presenting & Practising Language
Date and Time: Saturday 26 May 2018 10:00AM – 1:00PMThe workshop aims to:
- consider our beliefs and opinions on grammar
- explore factors to remember when presenting/focusing on new language
- demonstrate deductive versus inductive/guided discovery approaches
- showcase a range of grammar practice activities for use in the classroom.
Who can attend?
Teachers from middle and secondary sections of schools and higher education institutions/colleges.
How to register
Registration is by invitation only. For further information on registration please contact Kamal Bhardwaj at 0172-5203014 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org There are limited seats and registrations will be on first come, first served basis.