About the workshop
We have all heard of the haiku. The Japanese short poetry forms also bring to us the haibun. Many-a-times, one feels one can write a bit of story and poetry, but not enough of both.This, then is the perfect frame and form that allows you to play with words, forming prose and poetry, and balancing the tale with the verse, the verse with the tale.
- To learn to construct haiku
- To learn the fine balance of story and poetry in writing a haibun
- To write two haibun (not more than one-page long)
Time: 10:00 hours to 14:00 hours
Age group: 14 years & above
Registration fees: INR 2000 per participant
How to Register?
- Registration is on a first-come first-served basis. The workshop is open to all the members and non-members of the British Council Library.
- Payments must be made two days prior to the workshop.
- You can either visit the British Council office to make payments by cash or credit/debit card or write to Mark Gomes to schedule a cheque pickup
- Registration fee paid is non-refundable but change in nomination is accepted.
For registration and details please contact Mark Gomes at +91 9664333227 or write to email@example.com