Have you faced the problem of an overflowing inbox? Or, have you clicked ‘Send’ and then realized that you shouldn’t have? Are you receiving a growing number of advertisements and wonder how they got your address? Blame the easy accessibility of Email. Emails are here to stay. Not only do they have a huge number of advantages over traditional forms of communication, they have even become admissible as legal documentation. It becomes essential for users of Email to develop better techniques in using the medium, following some etiquette and managing the “cyber tiger” – it could make the difference in keeping your job, keeping your friends or keeping your sanity!
What will you learn and discover?
- Most essential purposes of different features of Email.
- Guidelines that help get the most out of Email usage.
- Tips and Tricks to avoid the common pitfalls in Email.
Participants will learn through involvement in the exercises given to them. The workshop will involve a presentation, some activities and group discussion to evolve a set of guidelines that participants will use in their daily interaction through Email.
Mr Leslie D’Gama has a unique background – several years of teaching and administration in school, working in the corporate sector in Learning & Development, and currently consulting with businesses. He has worked with groups as diverse as school and college teachers, professionals in the IT sector, tea gardens, engineering and manufacturing from which he brings a first-hand perspective that looks at various problems faced in the workplace and how to overcome them.
He has an MA, BEd, ISTD Diploma in Training & Development, a Certification in Training from Scottish Qualifications Authority and an accreditation in FIRO-B® (Personality Assessment).
Who Should Attend?
Individuals who use Email regularly for work and other communications and who may face the multiple problems which the medium throws up.
18 and above
Members: INR 700 per participant
Non-members: INR 1200 per participant
Terms and Conditions
- Non-refundable fee is payable in full prior to the commencement of session. Payments can be made either by cash or card at the British Council customers services desk.
- If obliged to cancel an event, the British Council reserves the right to do so without further liability, subject to the return of any fee already paid.
- The schedule of the workshop is subject to change or gets cancelled.
How to Register
- To register the participant / participants, all you need to do is to visit the Customer Services Desk at the British Council, submit the session fee and register a place for yourself. You can register online as well from the link given above
- For further information about the registration process, call (+91 33) 40074341 or